Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Win a contest to see my favorite band!!!!!!

Bass_god_offspring

MUSE Media Player

MUSE is a great band. amazing actually. Bassist Chris Wolstenholme rips it up in every song, and their guitarist Matt Bellamy, whew, what a site to see. i highly suggest checking out this band, if you like great rock music, you'll like em.

in order to win a contest to go see MUSE, one of my favorite bands, i have to promote them. please don't flame me, my dream is to meet them in person. :love:

thanks.

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loathe to reply to this because it furthers Muse's cause, but I really think that it's exploitive to use your fans in this way. I'm not surprised though, I wouldn't put anything past Matt Bellamy, I've yet to hear a single positive account of his character.

And musically, I'm totally disappointed by Muse. They tick most of the boxes - interesting songwriting and arranging, good playing, complex textures etc, yet they just don't move me. I simply don't think they mean what they're playing. Shame, they could have been great...

Alex

I'm loathe to reply to this because it furthers Muse's cause, but I really think that it's exploitive to use your fans in this way. I'm not surprised though, I wouldn't put anything past Matt Bellamy, I've yet to hear a single positive account of his character.

And musically, I'm totally disappointed by Muse. They tick most of the boxes - interesting songwriting and arranging, good playing, complex textures etc, yet they just don't move me. I simply don't think they mean what they're playing. Shame, they could have been great...

Alex

well, it's actually a website doing the contest, not muse. kinda like a radio station, they aren't assoiated with the band, but they can still give tickets, and backstage passes.

Matt Bellamy not a good character????

i've never heard that, i mean c'mon, would a guy that doesn't have good character give money to renovate the high school he went to?

-BGO

Music is its own reward

---------------

Aren't their lyrics a little on the anti-christian side? Oh, wait. Wrong thread. That was Tool.

What do you mean by "you have to promote them"? Do you get points towards tickets for every time someone responds to the thread? Are the monitoring the forum? Have you installed some insidious brand of Muse Spyware on my computer?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Aren't their lyrics a little on the anti-christian side? Oh, wait. Wrong thread. That was Tool.

What do you mean by "you have to promote them"? Do you get points towards tickets for every time someone responds to the thread? Are the monitoring the forum? Have you installed some insidious brand of Muse Spyware on my computer?

hahaha.

nah, they aren't monitoring the forum. i just send it what i posed to promote them, then i get points. i get to meet them if i promote them the most in my area.

no need to respond to this thread, just, if you're interested, check out the link to their media player.

who knows, maybe i can install secret spyware on all of your computers to simply read, "4 STRINGS ARE THE BEST" :evil::evil:

nuck nuck nuck.

:D

-BGO

Music is its own reward

---------------

Oh, we sooooo want to beat that dead horse AGAIN! :D

Checked out the link. They were OK, not the best band around, but not the worse. I would have to hear more before making up my mind. I've learned the hard way about getting into a band based on one song on the internet ... anyone remember "My World" by Brand New Sin? Great song, everything else was at best blah.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

anyone remember "My World" by Brand New Sin?
I really liked that song and never got a chance to check out the rest of the album. So it sucked??? wow. and people say file sharing programs are a bad idea.... (jk) :D

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Archived