Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

On stage without my pants . . .

bassdrummer

Well, last night we opened to a select "invitation-only" VIP group who paid $50 each to watch our "dress rehearsal" for "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Tonight was our official opening night.

I haven't posted on the Lowdown for a while, mainly because I've been so busy rehearsing for this show. Not as a bass player in the pit orchestra, but as "Reuben," the eldest of the 12 sons of Israel.

Last night I went through the whole second act without pants! I couldn't find them in the green room/dressing room (oops -- I had left them in the upstairs makeup/dressing room...) and I had to go on stage to sing "Those Canaan Days" -- so I just held my outer tunic shut with my left hand and tried to adjust my choreography as much as possible. Turns out I fooled quite a few people. Not my director though -- he said, "At first I saw you all hunched over holding your tunic tightly shut and I thought you were going for an 'old lady' look -- then I saw your bare legs under it and thought, 'He looks like a flasher!'" But I wasn't totally naked underneath. I had on my Egyptian loincloth from the previous scene with the Elvis/Pharaoh singing "The Song Of The King."

Anyway, it's good to be back on the Lowdown. Wish me luck. We're running this show 3 weekends total, through September 5. Any of you out here in Central California are invited to come! It's at LJ Williams Theater in Visalia. Go to www.vallitix.com for more information.

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived