Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prince: Musicology

73 P Bass

Run,Don't walk to your nearest record store and buy this album! This is R&B / Funk at it's best (except Cinnamon Girl which is kinda 80's pop)!

I'm thinking of quitting this whole Punk / Power Pop thing and trying to steal Rhonda Smith job! ;)

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked this disc up ..so far ..its sounds great.

I need to sit and give it real focused listening session....

I think he is passing through NYC in the near future...Madison Square Garden.

www.danielprine.com

good luck stealing her gig because shes BADD and FOINE!!

just picked up Live in Las Vegas and though it's mostly jams, she is so on! definitely been listening to Larry Graham, whom Prince adores, and rightfully so- tomorrow, i will heed your advice--

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Oh yeah, but why make a dig on Michael? Prince insecure, even with all his talent? ;) As a musician, Prince rules, as a music fan, Michael is 'outta sight' (if that makes sense :D ).

I'm yet to get the CD, but it's on my shopping list.

prince is definitely the consumate artict/musician from the old skool. He makes me proud to be a member s0mething club. (WE ARE BORN ON THE SAME DAY IN THE SAME YEAR!!!!) Prince came to my ears back in 1977 with the the Warner release of "For You". Till this day, i don't know how he pulled it off. He manage to write, produce his own first effort with WB-play all the instruments on the album and use all of his own original material. ALL THIS AT AGE 17!!! Prince is my idol foreva'.

And for all you new found Rhonda Smith fans, Prince ain't the only gig this sweetheart from Nova Scotia got going for herself. Click over to Rhonda Smith.com and listen at the clips of her own solo effort. Her CD is called, "Intellipop" and it's bangin' too. (And no I in no way work for Rhonda Smith) I am just a fan who also thinks that she is just so bad and so damned fine until it don't make no sense! Check the pics at the website too. LAWD! :cool:

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

I bought this album when it came out a couple of weeks ago and really like it.

I have to add that some of the tracks have started to dictate Princes beleifs in his faith and these are really evident in his use of spiritual type lyrics.

I think the guy is tremendously talented as a writer and performer and it was good to hear Candy Duffler and Macio Parker on this album.

It bought back lots of memeories of the good ole days of Prince.

I definatly give it a :thu:

This is a good thread as i saw a small gig with Prince on MTV the other day and Rhonda was really great. i was gonna put up a thread asking about the disk but now i don't have to.

I'll get it tomorro.

Much Love :thu:

Phoney

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

Archived