Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever heard of anyone killed by the Bass?

I have a scar on my right eyebrow from a P-Bass tuning key. 1982. Think it was the last chord of some Police song. I was singing lead and jumping around like a dork...bass player swung around and knocked me out cold.

The crowd went wild.

this house is empty now...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Sandman, bass player and frontman for Morphine, died on stage from a heart attack.

When I was in High School, My punk band was playing graduation party and the guy's uncle fell off a lawn chair and died. Apparently a heart attack. That was the first time I saw someone die, it still give me the creeps.

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

Originally posted by Jimbroni:

Mark Sandman, bass player and frontman for Morphine, died on stage from a heart attack.

When I was in High School, My punk band was playing graduation party and the guy's uncle fell off a lawn chair and died. Apparently a heart attack. That was the first time I saw someone die, it still give me the creeps.

Dude- Your band killed! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

...It is not fun when your lips touch a microphone and there is a spark. It still happens to me at least once a year, usually when the PA and the bass amp are plugged into different circuits.

Or your front teeth. It's a lot like a dental procedure without enough novocaine, and I KNOW that feeling, so I carry a couple of spare windscreens in my gig bags. Cheap insurance.

:D

I have been to a couple Wooten concerts. I was clinically dead during several portions of the concert from the lowdown wonder and groove. However, Vic's tag team Regi (older brother) would bring me back with screeching guitar and way too many notes. If you have ever seen Regi Wooten play, you know what I mean. They work well together. :thu:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

• 3 weeks later...
In a completely other almost unrelated type of band death...you have a ton of black metal bands encouraging there fans to kill each other. They also encourage suicide and self saddism. There's even the story of that one guy (don't know a name) In a black metal band who killed his singer and then turn his brain into soup and ate it. When the police asked him why, his response was "I wanted to keep the evil in the band, and he was becoming more evil than I was".
-Birth Control-

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

My drummer tried to kill me today when I wandered into the room and asked him where my G string was while he was on the phone with his latest girlfriend. I think I blew it for him, I wound up with a drumstick shaped bruise on my back.

:D:thu:

Originally posted by Fished Fusion:

In a completely other almost unrelated type of band death...you have a ton of black metal bands encouraging there fans to kill each other. They also encourage suicide and self saddism. There's even the story of that one guy (don't know a name) In a black metal band who killed his singer and then turn his brain into soup and ate it. When the police asked him why, his response was "I wanted to keep the evil in the band, and he was becoming more evil than I was".

in 1991 mayhem vocalist dead (went the way of kurt cobain) blew out his brains with a shotgun. the band's guitarist euronymous was reported to have cooked and eaten pieces of his brain. the bands drummer hellhammer was reported to have made a necklace with pieces of his skull. could ask euronymous if it is true but sadly he is dead too. he was killed during an arguement with burzum's varg vikernes in 1993. over money and the management of deathlike silence(a small black metal label owned by euronymous).

• 1 year later...

Archived