Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Match a musical instrument to these/any politicians?

Stalin - the biggest horn in the marching band. What's it called? Yeah...that one.

Idi Amin - Accordian (He loved it)

Che Guevara - definately an Upright Bass

George Bush Sr. - Cymbals

George Bush Jr. - Triangle

Tony Blair - Guitar (he's vain and smug :D )

Bin Laden - Cow horn (Believe it or not, it's an instrument back home).

Rev. Sharperton - the massive church organ with huge pipes (can be too loud ;) ).

Feel free to add or rearrange this 'band'. ;)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know if Geogre Bush Jr could play a triangle,,,might be 2 hard for him, maybe a egg shaker? lol

Fuego

The basses

-'04 MIM Jazz bass black

-'98 Fender American-Deluxe P-bass natural

-Peavey FuryII blue

TShakazBlackRoots, you should check out the SSS political party forum (still on musicplayer.com). A good place for this type of discussion. Now if you had said "which political leader would have made the best bassist..." ;)
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

You could be flea in charge of NASA. Then people wouldn't look at him funny when he said 'cosmic' all the time.
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

The King of Thailand plays a variety of instruments. Sax, guitar, bass. And all pretty well.

And John Kerry used to play the bass in a band and still plays guitar.

Nixon played the violin. And Bill Clinton owned a saxophone. Harry Truman (he was the president when I was born) played the piano.

But this is not really the forum for politics.

The King of Thailand plays a variety of instruments. Sax, guitar, bass.
I remember seeing his tobias in a bassplayer. It had the national crest as an inlay on the body. He must be sick of music because he wants to buy the Liverpool F.C.

TShakazBlackRoots, you should check out the SSS political party forum (still on musicplayer.com). A good place for this type of discussion.
Oh oh, very sorry, my bad! Had forgotten bassists 'don't do politics'. :rolleyes: I'll try check out the SSS forum where.....forget it. ;)

Originally posted by tom rivet:

TShakazBlackRoots, you should check out the SSS political party forum (still on musicplayer.com). A good place for this type of discussion. Now if you had said "which political leader would have made the best bassist..." ;)

Not only, perhaps, a better place for this topic but more interesting than a lot of the blather poted there by resident "authorities"!

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by tom rivet:

Now if you had said "which political leader would have made the best bassist..." ;)

No, no, no.

"Which bassist would make the best political leader?"

:D

Gold :D
Derek Smalls: It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. http://www.myspace.com/gordonbache

Bill Clinton - the baboon. Sorry, buffoon. Oops, the bassoon.

Now that we have that taken care of, how about we leave these topics on the SSS board where they rightfully belong.

Politics, religion and anything more controversial than Evendude and his "all Hartke and Peavey Equipment is Crap" statements should not be here.

I like to come here and wallow in the comfort of the fact there is a place where we can avoid pontification on Iraq policy, gloablization, whether Bush or Kerry can do a better job of screwing up America and what my son and Jesse Jackson got into it about when he visited my son's campus last week. It doesn't matter to me if Kerry can or did play the bass, because Trujillo or Lemmy can kick his ass, and I bet he hasn't pick one up in 20 years unless there's a camera watching him do it.

How much I enjoy being here with Bump flaming all the noobs and going into one of his rants, Sweet Willy embracing everyone, JeremyC trying to explain how a chord works to a noob who can't even name the strings, yes, even B_G_O and his painful 5 string threads and Shaka not getting Elvis (don't feel bad, because anyone younger that 45 doesn't get it either).

Only you can prevent politics from entering the forum. Or forest fires, I can't remember which.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by Social Critic:

How much I enjoy being here with Bump flaming all the noobs and going into one of his rants, Sweet Willy embracing everyone, JeremyC trying to explain how a chord works to a noob who can't even name the strings, yes, even B_G_O and his painful 5 string threads and Shaka not getting Elvis (don't feel bad, because anyone younger that 45 doesn't get it either).

That's a fantastic literary caricature of this forum.

I saw Colonel Claypools bucket of bernie brains and half way through the set that had this guy come out dressed up as GWB and he said he was "f**king up the world" because he failed as a musicians. He then proceeded to play a big ol' melodica solo, but then buckethead attacked him with knunchucks.
We distort. You abide.

Archived