Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Color.. can't decide.

DONUT

I'm ordering a new Lull PJ 5 today and can't decide on a color. I've decided on a SUPER ambered maple neck and fretboard to have something a little different from my other. I have it down to these.

Sherwood green with mint green guard.

Black with black guard.

Sherwood with black guard.

Oh yeah. It looks like a p bass with 5 strings.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote green w/ black, then black w/black, then green w/ green. This is of course dependent on the particular shade of green.

If it were me, I'd try to do without the guard if possible.

Good luck, enjoy the new bass whatever the color...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Forget black, it's too boring, and if you wear black clothes (doesn't everybody?) it won't show up on stage.

Since you didn't put blue on your list, I'd go with the green. Have a contrasting color for the pickguard. What might be really cool would be to make one out of a veneer so that it matched the neck.

Black. Black is loudest. The more black, the more loud. It's a fact. Really...

On a more serious note, I like the idea of green w/ a wood veneer guard as well. Mmmmmmmm.

What kind of wood is the body. If it's ash or has a figured maple top, I'd vote for a green stain w/ wood veneer guard.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

The british MG thing is exactly what I was thinking with the green,too.

The black is kind of a Roger Waters thing that I think would look really good against the ambered maple.

I DO want a classic Fender vibe either 60's with the green or 70's with the black. No maple tops or fancy stuff. I'm not into that. Ash or alder is something that i'm still considering,too. The one I have is alder/rosewood so its pretty dark sounding I'm thinking maybe an ash/maple would be too drastic. Maybe not. I might call Mike and bug him about this. Hes always pretty cool and helpful.I can't wait to get it going though. It'll be my first custom "made for me" bass.

Alright. Done. Ordered a PJ5 in what I'll call '69 Dodge green with greened guard. Duncan PJ,passive,alder body,maple fretboard w/super ambered finish.I have 12 weeks to pay for it.......ready?.....go!

Can't wait.

My old Green Lull M5v is for sale on the website at Bass Northwest. Somebody buy it. Please!

Originally posted by DONUT:

Alright. Done. Ordered a PJ5 in what I'll call '69 Dodge green with greened guard. Duncan PJ,passive,alder body,maple fretboard w/super ambered finish.I have 12 weeks to pay for it.......ready?.....go!

Can't wait.

My old Green Lull M5v is for sale on the website at Bass Northwest. Somebody buy it. Please!

Too many strings!

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

It will be most excellent. I'm very happy to hear that you've gone w/ the green rather than the black (as much as I love my black bass). I also understand your wish to stay away from figured woods -- tops or 'guards.

I think you will be aesthetically pleased with how it turns out. :cool:

I also think you will be plenty happy with how it plays and sounds as well! :thu:

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived