Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Famous musicans with bad names.

Afro_Man

Yeah, the real John Paul Jones was the Captain in the Revolutionary War who'd "Not yet begun to fight"...odd that the bass player, who is British, would borrow his name from a Scotsman who fought on the American side.

Other names...David Jones...British folksinger. But, in the mid 60s, another "Davy Jones" was a teen heartthrob, so the folksinger changed his last name to that of an American pioneer, Jim Bowie...and became Ziggy Stardust.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by GrooveMouse:

Me'Shell NdegéOcello. Her real name is Mary Johnson. She's obviously a heckuva playa and is well-respected in musicians' circles, but I think she'd be a lot more popular if people were actually able to pronounce (or spell) her name.

Really? I'd argue that she'd be much less popular..

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Originally posted by GrooveMouse:

Me'Shell NdegéOcello. Her real name is Mary Johnson. She's obviously a heckuva playa and is well-respected in musicians' circles, but I think she'd be a lot more popular if people were actually able to pronounce (or spell) her name.

Arnold Schwarzenegger always claims that with a name like that, once people have got the hang of it, they don't ever forget it. Works for Me'Shell, Englebert, and others.

Mark

Archived