Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRIMUS IS BACK!!!!

Sandman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmm....have i got this right...it's a greatest hits, w/5 new songs featuring Tim "Herb" Alexander back on drums? sounds interesting...hope the new stuff is more than just a jam on the same 2-4 bars ad infinitum (what imho they had turned into on later albums).

I liked the stuff with Brain, but you know how it is when you get attached to the first lineup you hear of a band. One of the biggest one-two punches I ever bought a ticket to was Primus, on the "Seas Of Cheese" tour, opening for Rush. What an evening that was. You want to hear some Primus that will chop you into little bitty pieces? Grab Frizzle Fry . Its dry-as-a-bone punk production sound makes you pay attention.

I read that the new DVD includes a video for "Lacquer Head" that was banned by MTV for drug references?!? You mean, the ANTI-INHALANT drug references? The ones telling people what foul shit happens to you when you huff? Drug references like, "On turpentine she lost her luck/Fell in front of a speeding pickup truck"? MTV is a sad parody of what it could have been. It sure was a whole lot more fun back when it was mindless - now it has a fucking social conscience, like a pop-culture version of HAL the computer or something. Now they'll never play one of my favorite rhymes ever: "He was a boy of soft demeanor/And he loved his carburetor cleaner." :D Who else but Claypool could have written that?

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Well, Jode, I do hope they go back to their "mindless" antics. Those were the fun days of Primus, would be nice to experience some of that again.

It doesn't diminish from the incredible musicianship one iota. I want Les to play his Carl Thompson masterpieces with them (especially the six strings)! That alone, for my money, is worth the price of admission. I'll never forget the show they did with Anthrax and Public Enemy back in 1991 in Washington, DC.

"PRIMUS SUCKS (MY DICK)"

They don't say the last two words, but it'd put a shit-eating grin in my mouth if the audience did. :D

At all their shows this fall they will play two sets, the first one varies nightly, the second one will be sailing the seas of cheese in it's entirety.

I can't wait. I've only seen primus with Brain, now that Tims back it's even that much bigger.

I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.

Can't wait to hear what they've come out with this time. With all the different sounds coming out of Les' solo work, I don't know if it will be the same Primus sound as before, but I'm psyched to hear whatever they release. As mentioned on their site, quite a different spin on things to release a full length DVD with bonus tunes. Speaking of film, have any of you seen "Videoplasty"? Is it worth a look?

Yes, Rader, that album sucks in such a mighty way! :thu:

Now they just need to reunite Living Colour and put them on a double bill. :eek:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

I'll admit, Primus was my second favorite band in high school...

Saw them open for Rush twice (2 different tours), and headline Lollapalooza III (the one with Alice In Chains and Tool and Fishbone)...

I have everything they put out up through Tales From The Punchbowl...

I wasn't a big fan of the stuff since "Herb the Ginsing drummer" left, but I also began getting into different kinds of music...

I still like them, and I liked some of the Frog Brigade and Oysterhead stuff...

If Herb's really back, I am a happy happy bass freak...

"Tea & Cake, or Death!"

Archived