Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

band hating

jimbojones

Originally posted by CMDN:

I hate people who poop on my car.

ROFL!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh come on Erik, that's a bit intolerant of you, don't you think? Hate is a REALLY strong word.

I could see that you would "dislike" someone pooping on your car, but to "hate" people who poop on your car???

Take a deep cleansing breath and practice your bio-feedback.

:D

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROFL!!!!

Oh come on Erik, that's a bit intolerant of you, don't you think? Hate is a REALLY strong word.

I could see that you would "dislike" someone pooping on your car, but to "hate" people who poop on your car???

Take a deep cleansing breath and practice your bio-feedback.

Oh, you're probably right... Who am I to be so ethnocentric as to not accept another person's cultural desire to relieve themselves on my automobile? Sure, it's unpleasant for me, but... hey, it's their culture, right?

It's really hard to take that "cleansing breath" you mentioned... all I can smell is poop. Not really cleansing.

What was the question again?

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Alright, I'll play. I think we as people tend to either over-simplify things or over-complicate things. Saying that a band sucks is a bit of an over-simplification in my opinion. I don't care for Rush's music for one simple fact- Geddy Lee's voice makes me cringe. Rush doesn't suck, Geddy Lee doesn't suck, Geddy Lee's voice doesn't suck. It's just not to my liking.

As musicians, I think we tend to over-complicate music sometimes. Just because a bass line is hard to play, and takes a ton of practice to perfect doesn't make it a good bass line. Sometimes a simple, powerful line speaks best. In another thread, I said that I liked the bass line to 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' by Stevie Ray Vaughan. There are parts in the song, however, when the bassline gets too busy, and the groove of the song is lost. For that reason, when we play that song, I tend to keep those parts a little more solid and slightly less compicated than the original. Of course, before I put these changes to use, I checked with everyone first to get their opinions (Professional Courtesy once again, in a different context).

My point is, when you hear a person spouting off their opinions, you have to consider the source. Some people really don't know what's going on and simply say things because they hear it from others. I try not to adhere to the herd mentality, and form my own opinions both obvectively and subjectively. I also try to present them in the same fashion, so that the people that look up to me (I'm proud to say that I do have a few) will do the same.

On a lighter note, I believe the saying goes "Opinions are like buttholes: Everyone has one and nobody wants to hear it"

I post this topic about a week ago, take a trip to Montreal, Nantucket, and Boston, and wow am I suprised at the feedback. Can I get promoted for this post? And YES, I am 14 years old. DOB 5/10/89.Gonna get a deluxe jazz bass FMT this week. I think I'm gonna poop myself!
primus sucks

Archived