Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is your favorite bass?

Afro_Man

Hey just wondering what somepeople rate as really nice bass guitars either ones they own or they've played in shops or something like that. I now start to wonder if im just going to get about 100 people saying fenders. My personal favorites are westfields for no particular reason.

Much love 'fro

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afro_boy,

Thanks for joining us :thu:

Please try reading some of the threads from recent weeks. You can tell from the thread titles if they will be of interest. There have been several reviews and specific comparisons recently.

I'm asking this because we so often get these questions that it becomes redundant. If you can't find out what we all play, own, like from a bit of research, make your question more specific.

By the way, people here respect and own Fenders, but there is a great variety of basses in use by the players here.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Welcome to the forums. My primary girl is a Peavey Axcellerator Fretless (you could also refer to the "Got Peavey?" thread for other Peavey thoughts). Why do I like it? 18v electronics+a nice fretless growl. I love Fenders too, moreso the vintage fenders rather than the new. I'm a big fan of J-basses, though I've flirted with the idea of P's.

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

That's funny. Some weeks ago, I started a thread called: What\'s your favorite bass? Some interesting comments came up. You can check it out if you want to.

For me, I have a lot of basses I would like to play and have. But right now my favorite is my bass, the John Myung Signature Bass Yamaha RBX6JM:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/Guitars/Photo/Product/Main/RBX6JM.gif

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

I was gonna say the Ricky- for sound- but I get cramps playing the thin neck on 'em. I like the EB-5 you see spongebob holding here. Nice baseball-bat neck, fat tone, 34" scale. I'd love to have a Hofner to play unplugged in bed at night...

"We are the Federales... You know, the Mounted Police..."

---"If you're the police, where are your badges?"

"Bodges?..."

Originally posted by ILoveFatGirls:

My favorite bass is, of course, my own. Specifically a Rogue LX205B Five-String Bass. http://img2.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/519231.jpg

you have got to be kidding! I used a rogue as a hammer once when my floor got a little creaky. its great kindling too.
you can make stumbling blocks, or stepping stones out of the same things, what have you built?

Hey every one its nice to see everyone is so friendly here, sorry about that i did check a couple of the pages eg 2 but i must have missed those topics so sorry about that.

Laters 'fro

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

In addition to my Bass Collection & Sting Ray 4, I'd like to have one of these headless beauties.

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/ukus/image/basses/kingamberside.jpg

It can modulate the pitch of harmonics up or down and made as per Mark King's specs.

Hey Mr bassist the Jazz bass in the middle of your pic is the same as mine except my scratchplate is just plain white but its the same colour aswell, what make is it? and what is that colour called?

Much love afro

Well, I love both of the basses I own, but basses I've played that I've also loved include a Roscoe, Surine Series II, and Modulus Vintage Jazz.

Rig:

Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling

Fender Deluxe V (Bartolini pickups and BTB-01 preamp)

Schecter Diamond Series Model T

Eden WT-400

Boss ME-50B

The Mac - My cover band

I like my own sexy duo, too, but here's a nice, woody one...

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/models/SR496BM.jpg

Ibanez Soundgear SR496BM 6 string

The best bass I've ever played with, and it's under $600 US. NO, I don't own it (yet), but I'd love to have it. :) I love playing chords on bass, and something like this would fit that bill. And I can fire the keyboard player too hehe. :D

The only bass I own is a black-on-black Gibson Ripper. Great thick sound, damned heavy though. I want to get a P bass or maybe an Ibanez 5-string.

Why do I play bass??

Because when you thump an E or B string at the same moment someone stomps on a bass drum you can create THUNDER. Then Zeus is in trouble. Its like being a god, and you don't even have to be a good player to do it. Join a good band and you can conquer the world. Or at least make some people listen.

well... I dont care if someone hates me...lol...I like my '00 USA P-bass "natural finish" "ash body"...love the way it sounds.

I would like to get a jazz bass some day because it fits my style. I just cant seem to feel comfortable without the pup in the middle.

If I was talking to the ice cream, I would be eating you.

Originally posted by Bartolini:

In addition to my Bass Collection & Sting Ray 4, I'd like to have one of these headless beauties.

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/ukus/image/basses/kingamberside.jpg

It can modulate the pitch of harmonics up or down and made as per Mark King's specs.

Beautiful. But I'm not a headless fan ... I feel like I'm falling ... :D

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

True im not a fan of headless basses either they just don't sit right and they end up looking the same size as a normal guitar and i really like the length of bass guitars (its a man thing)also i think i'd get carried away and just end up sliding my hand off the top which would really irritate me. ok thats my small rant over ... next topic.

afro xxx

Archived