Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

H E L P M E !! PT won't play my .AIF files!

For anyone who's been following along, I have been trapped in a nightmare project. I recorded a live concert on two Alesis HD24's. It took a week to get the files transfered into my G4 via ethernet. I kept having connections time out, and the files were too big for my FTP program... I finally have all 48 tracks transfered over. I went to load them into PT and it says the files are not recognizable! These are .AIF files. They play when I load them into Quicktime. But when I launch PT, there is no session info...PT can't tell if they are 16 or 24 bit. Can't tell if they are recorded at 44.1 or 48k... Anybody have any ideas on what to do? I'm really stuck in hard place here...120GB of data that I can't do anything with... -Mike

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder...I had a similar (but MUCH smaller) issue with transferring files via FTP to my G3 on Friday - it wouldn't recognize either WAV or AIFF files; but, when I transferred the same tracks via "sneakernet" (on a ZIP disk, 3 tracks at a time...) they worked fine. Maybe it's something with Apple & FTP?

for some reason, all the completed files have the same issue. I just tried the quicktime export trick and it didn't help. I'm trying quicktime export to .wav and then have PT translate the .wav to .aif...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Archived