Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How you configure your In-Ear Monitoring setup?

davich

I was looking into this In-Ear Monitoring recently, and interested how to configure the connections.

I have checked Shure PSM setup manuals, however there are a lot of options. PSM 400 is equipped with small mixer, and the other high end part PSM 600-700 are not. I have checked AKG and Sennheiser as well. I need you practical experience.

Do you use a personal mixer for this, or trusting soundman to mix it for you, or we can use stage mixer? Or how you connect it? How usually soundman/mixerman reacts to that?

If somebody else in the band using In Ear Monitor as well, then how is the setup?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using the In-ear products from Carvin. I use the monitor send to mix what I hear in the in-ears. I haven't had the opportunity to use them in a big (with a soundman) setting yet, because I generally mix my own sound on stage.

The Carvin products are not bass-friendly. If I try to put bass guitar in the in-ears, they distort. I use them mainly for vocals, and put guitar and keyboards in the mix for pitch support. I have read in several different places, that the main reason for monitoring is timing and pitch support for singers, so if you keep that in mind, vocals and guitar/keyboards/and some drums are all you really need.

At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

We use Shure 400's in our band. We use the Aux sends from our board and each of us gets their own mix. Very nice.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but I like it. It saves my hearing and lets me hear what I want/need for the gig.

Archived