Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

At long last!

Geoff_Cousens

I finally received "the" call today that my bass had arrived. Some 23 weeks after my initial order, I now have my custom G&L L2000. After giving it a lengthy test-run, I can honestly say that I am more than satisfied with this bass. I'll post a pic when I get a chance to borrow my friend's digital camera. For now, envision a three-tone sunburst with natural wood-binding and matching three-tone burst head-stock.

Ahhh! No type, more play!

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have custom ordered 2 G&L basses. I remember the wait, and the elation of opening both cases. One was an L2500 with all th eoptions. Th eother was an L2000 fretless with unlined ebony board.

I kinda miss those basses....

Enjoy!!

Hey congrats.

I too have never custom ordered anything. But i dream of the day (probably when im too old to appreciate it) when i can do the same.

Hope you enjoy it as often as you can.

Providence over serendipity any day.

Thanks for the many congratulations guys.

I have been playing on a beat-up P copy that required much effort and yielded minimal pleasing results during the last five months. So, with the new G&L, it is literally night and day in almost every respect.

The S.I.T. strings that come on the bass don't do a whole lot for me, not terrible, just not great. I'm going to slap a set of T.I. Powerbass on, hopefully some time next week and we'll see/hear what happens.

Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, and hooking-up with my friend who has the camera, the earliest I can get some pictures will be next week-end.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Archived