Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm the proud owner of....(fill in blank)

JDL

-'97 Fender JBass Deluxe 5, trans blue

-'99 Peavey Cirrus 5, falme redwood top

-'00 Peavey G Bass 5, custom metalic blue

-Carvin R600

-SWR Golliath II

-Peavey Combo 115

-DOD Bass 30

-Zoom 607

...and to move all that gear

-'98 Jeep Cherokee sport

the new and improved married ikestr

...hertz down low....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've accumulated some stuff over the years, but my late '76 MM Sting Ray (Cream/white? finish, maple neck, probably unoriginal dark wood grain pickguard) is a workhorse. Found it in Omaha in '84, and it's never let me down. Just kicks butt, and keeps on goin'...

JBFLA

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Well... I am just starting out and the only thing I own that I am proud of is my red translucent Ibanez, (lovingly named Abraham) I'm not even sure of the model. And I have a lousy cheap amp but it's all good, because I love to play. And that's all. :)

My Ibanez GSR205 5-string...no amp yet...just a rented POS, so I use my computer since my sound system's got tons more power lol. I may also soon be the owner of a possibly pre 1970 Kent semi acoustic(semi hollow?) bass.

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

Here's my list : ( don't get me started on the things I've let go !!)

- "98" 5 string Fender Jazz active deluxe MIM

candy apple red / tort. pickgard

- "94" Epi EBM-5 remod & convert. to 4 string

- GK 400rb

- 2 single 15" cab's w/JBL's

- DBX 163X 1/2 rack compressor

- Alesis Nanoverb processor

- Ancient Peavey series 400 bass head

- Zoom 708 bass FX

- Tascam 424MkII

All the bargain items above are Just Tools

and I feel could be lost or discarded - replaced,

but I'd still be left with a good ear and a tendancy to listen, & hopefully the ability to find a groove !

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

my stuff:

1976 gibson RD Artist bass (looks a like a thunderbird, but weighs about 1000 pounds more)

late 50's fender body, newer (from 70's) everything else

2002 EB MM Stingray, 4 string with matching headstock, rosewood fretboard. SaWeet!

I've got a Hartke 3500 rackmount head, and transporter 4x10

I'd like to get another 4x10 or 1x15 to stack. Oh sweet mother of perl!!

Check out my work in progress.

In a couple of days, my spankin' new Epiphone EB-3 five string will be here. My first axe was a '72 Gibson EB-3, and this new one will have an extra string on the same DEEP-sounding mahogany plank (that also weighs a metric shitload like the RD, Chewster). It should be MASSIVE. I hope it helps soothe the guilt I feel at ever selling the first one - like a dumbass.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

I should be the owner of a custom G&L L2000, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive (20 weeks to the day!).

I'd mention that I just received my Ampeg 210-sp, but it arrived with some serious structural damage, so I am waiting yet again for another piece of equipment.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Originally posted by JDL:

Originally posted by Hoagie:

Fender MIM Jazz bass, blue agave w/Badass and white pearl guard.

Dude! That's cool!(Where'd you get the pickguard?) You got a picture of it?

-JDL

Sorry. No pics up on my website yet. Hopefully soon. I'm in the midst of buying a set of Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups and doing a wire job from hell whenever I get the schematics worked out.

I have a number of basses to choose from, but last night's jam reminds me of just how much I enjoy the custom Karl Hoyt 5 string fretless he made me a few years ago. It feels wonderful, has a magical sound, and looks great to boot. Maple/walnut/maple w/Lane Poors, Bart preamp.

http://www.doublebass.biz/hoytfls1.jpghttp://www.doublebass.biz/mango.jpg

He's redoing the fingerboard on the similar fretted version he made a couple years ago (Mango/mahogany), and I can't wait to get it back in the fold, with a slimmer neck similar to the fretless.

It's unfortunate he hasn't the time to build more instruments these days.

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Hoagie--cool! My Ultra Jazzes just came in the mail today, so I'm excited. I'm going to wire each one to a 250K push/pull pot for series/parallel switching; I got the schematic from DiMarzio, & I'll forward it to you if you want (PM me). Or you can request it at tech@dimarzio.com . (Or are you doing something completely different?) I'm dropping them into my black Fender J, along with a new black pickguard & chrome knobs...should be very slick! :cool:

Archived