Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm the proud owner of....(fill in blank)

JDL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta '78 MM Stingray. Looks beat all the hell to. Does that make it worth any extra!!! ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Ok let me also say that... ;)

I'm a proud owner of

---Fender American deluxe jb (maple)

---Warwick Thumb bass

--- Hohner Bass (steinberger headless one)

---EBS Pro line cab (4x10)

---EBS Fafner amp TD 600

---EBS Pedal unichorus plus IQ

etc etc...

Therion

Do What Thou Whilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law

...an Ernie Ball fretless StingRay5, black finish, black pickguard (and an EBS MultiComp pedal and a Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3 -- although I guess I'm not really a "proud owner" of my effects pedals, as much as I like them and as rarely as I use them).

I certainly like the rest of my gear, but I want to do electronics upgrades on my Carvin and want better amplification than what I currently have.

Interesting thread -- the "proud of" concept is a different way than I usually think about my gear.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Me next!!

I'm proud of my Ibanez 3005ESOL, Warwick Corvette (4-string), Ashdown RPM1 pre, Crown MT1200 power amp, Roger Meyer VoodooBass distortion pedal, Boss CEB-3 Chorus, and my Warwick 411-Pro cabinet (which sounds better than any Ampeg cab I've ever played!)

Ah, nice marmot.

I'm the proud owner of:

1956 Fender Champ amp (exactly like the one Lou Diamond Phillips wore in "La Bamba")

1956 Fender Lap Steel

Now, if "hawaiian" music would just become popular again (Where's Don Ho when you need him)and if I could just learn to play the damn thing.

Oh yeah.

I'm the proud owner of a program for "Man of La Mancha" that has me listed as

"Bass: David Brown"

and later:

"Set Design: Lou Diamond Phillips"

We went to the same college back when we were both nobody's and worked on the same production. However, I didn't know him and he didn't know me. We were both just working stiffs puttin' in our time.

Now, it's only ME that's the nobody.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

1 bass

2 guitars

3 amps

4 surfboards.

3 FX pedals

1 Sleel slide

1 Glass slide

1 X-Box

1 Skil saw

that about sums it up.

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

Now, it's only ME that's the nobody.

Why do you do that? :(

'69 EB3

'02 Kinal SK5-B

Bergantino HT112

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by JDL:

OK, thats great, just make all of my gear look like crap, but I guess I asked for it...........................................................

&JDL

You did indeed ask for it... but the real value of an instrument comes from you, not them... wait until you get your J, then you won't care what anyone thinks about it- you'll be too busy wearing out the first set of strings. BTW... did you ever get the pickguard you ordered?

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Originally posted by danymal_x:

OK, thats great, just make all of my gear look like crap, but I guess I asked for it...........................................................

&JDL

You did indeed ask for it... but the real value of an instrument comes from you, not them... wait until you get your J, then you won't care what anyone thinks about it- you'll be too busy wearing out the first set of strings. BTW... did you ever get the pickguard you ordered?

DX

Yeah, I know. My Jbass is in GC right now, but I just have to get the money, now. Regarding to the pickguard, the seller is a jerk, but at least she cleared it up. OK, I sent the money to her on January 5th. I still dont have it(1/27). But, don't worry, I just got a notice that something is at the post office, so I'm pretty/very sure that's it. But, when sould I leave feedback? Should I do it after I get my bass and put it on? Or when I get it and rate it on what it looks like right when I get it?

Thanks danymal, you rock!

But, when sould I leave feedback? Should I do it after I get my bass and put it on? Or when I get it and rate it on what it looks like right when I get it?

Thanks danymal, you rock!

You can leave feedback when you get the item... make sure it is what you ordered, and there are no defects or blemishes that weren't advertised... just don't flame her too bad if she at least made an attempt to correct the initial problem though, because feedback works both ways. I would make a comment about the slow shipping and poor communication, though, but unless the pickguard is unacceptable, give her at least a neutral... negative is generally for those who out-and-out lie about their item, or don't ever ship etc...

It's great that your bass is almost in your hands... only a matter of time...

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

[QB]BTW, Just pick one.[QB]

It's tough to pick one when you play keyboards, bass, and guitars, but I suppose my Taylor 414 acoustic guitar is the instrument that I could never part with. Beautiful balanced tone, and it sounds even better than it did when I bought it three years ago.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I'm the proud owner of tactical thermonuclear weapons; which I plan on unleashing upon the greater Portland, OR area in the near future to rid the world of threads like this.

What was that all about??

Is that aimed towards me?

dont blow me up, terrorist

ooooooooooooo, i just got it, just now

I take that as a compliment

Archived