Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there anyone famous on the forum??

JDL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive become quite famouse since the court case. Just so you all know it was settled out of court, but one of the agreements is that I can't jump out of a birthday cake wearing a thong. :D
Providence over serendipity any day.

Well, I have been known to rule with an iron fist, but thats more along the lines of infamous and natorious. Hey, I could be The Notorious B.N.C. :D:P

Actually I've played with semi famous people that do play with stars.

Originally posted by JDL:

Yes, all of your things count, so just say them!

Bump, whod you play with?

I played with uber-god guitarist Mike Keneally on New Year's Eve. I got to sit in with him and play a Frank Zappa song called "Echidna's Arf (of you)". It was good times.

Keneally played with Frank Zappa on Frank's last tour (1988). Keneally has also played and toured with Steve Vai. Keneally's own band, oddly enough, called The Mike Keneally Band is utterly terrifying in their own right.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by JDL:

Yes, all of your things count, so just say them!

Bump, whod you play with?

I played with uber-god guitarist Mike Keneally on New Year's Eve. I got to sit in with him and play a Frank Zappa song called "Echidna's Arf (of you)". It was good times.

It must suck to be you. :D

I met Keneally here in Austin a couple years back -- we just chatted before his show. He's a damn nice guy, and I gotta say that Dancing was my fave album the year it came out. A monster talent without all the ego and wankiness of the Vai/Satriani Berklee school guitar gods.

Brian Beller is no slouch, either. You ever heard the Keneally/Beller/Gilbert/DiVirgillio cover of Siberian Khatru by Yes? Mind-stomping.

Chris

"Keneally played with Frank Zappa on Frank's last tour (1988). Keneally has also played and toured with Steve Vai..."

OT, but Vai asked Zappa once how he could afford so much expensive musical and recording equipment. Zappa replied, "Easy. I don't do cocaine."

Words of wisdom from Mr. Z, who by all accounts did no drugs but cigarettes...

I'm pretty famous to about 500 smelly hardcore kids up and down the East Coast. Does that count?

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

A few weeks ago I played with Neil Sedaka at The Bitter End... we played "Laughter in the Rain" to a full house. Real cheese -- my specialty.....

It was fun....

I also performed with a very young Derek Trucks while living in Florida. We played at a club called CHEERS in Ft Lauderdale and they always had two bands going. He was a regular maybe 6 times per year.

When he was on break he would join us on the small stage -- he was a little kid with a monster sound and style.... :)

www.danielprine.com

Famous people don't have time to hang out in forums. Come to think of it, I gotta get practicin'...bye.

We do have a member who sleeps with Bo Diddley's guitar player...come to think of it...hHe played with Bo.

I studied with Chuck Rainey. I also watched the Moody Blues close down a bar in a top hotel...got to give their groupies directions to their rooms.

I don't know if you can imagine what "moody blues groupies" look like, but suffice to say, it was a horror show.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

I don't know if you can imagine what "moody blues groupies" look like, but suffice to say, it was a horror show.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying my damndest to run away from the mental picture I have generated, but I'm having no luck. Someone please help... anyone...

I turned down a gig with the Dangerous Toys right before they recorded their last album. Does that count? (kids, job, responsibilities-- life got in the way.)

I played a "Van Halen hoot night" with their guitar player that same year, and we did the whole VH 1 top to bottom. That was a fun gig.

Done session work with Tommy Taylor and Iain Matthews.

In 1986, a local band of mine got one song on a compilation album, and that song went to #1 on a tiny 6000 watt station in upstate New York and stayed there for 6 weeks.

So hey, I was #1 in New York!

Chris

I got to share the stage with Taj Mahal one NY eve. He opened for us :D , well he was a solo and we were contracted to play dance music after his concert, and he started late and ran long, and before long it was almost midnight, so he called the band up and we jammed with him this one long jam. He roamed all over the stage and started scatting and asking us to follow him. It was fun!

Does that count? Am I famous? I don't think so.

Hey 57bass, are you Jim Fielder? I know he's Neil Sedaka's bass player?

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Last year we played with Flickerstick and Harlow (of VH1's "Bands on the Run" fame) and The All-American Rejects (Rolling Stone named them a "band to watch for 2003".) But my first ever gig (back in '97) was on the same bar stage that Incubus played a week later! Okay, that doesn't count, but I had to throw that in there.

For what its worth, we also played a festival w/ Steppenwolf, Kansas, .38 Special, REO, Marshall Tucker Band, and some other 70's bands that I can't remember.

Ah, nice marmot.

The original owner of my last bass amp (Peavy 100 watt combo) was the bassist for The Stiff Little Fingers! Any of you punk trivia masters know his name? He owned and played it for a long time I'm told, I had it a year and blew the damn speaker. Is it a collectors item? If so, it's reconditioned and for sale in Evan's Music Lisburn. Go on a buy it and line my empty little pockets.

CupMcMali...this monkey's gone to heaven :freak:

Cup...

Gordon Blair was the original bassist for SLF, but he was replaced by Ali McMordi. We played with them here in Philly a few years ago, but Ali wasn't with 'em.

What do I win?

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Oh yeah? Well my dad got high w/ local musician Jim Finnegan in the mid-60's, who in turn played organ on "Electric Ladyland" (and undoubtedly got high w/ Jimi) in the late 60's!

Is this getting out of hand yet? Probably so. :P

Oh, Stuart Mossman (of Mossman Guitars) was a cousin of mine too.

Ah, nice marmot.

Archived