Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any low-downers out there from the southeast?

bassmantmaj

I'm seeing a lot of you from the west coast, and in the northeast...even some from overseas. Is there anyone else out there living in the southeast somewhere? Just curious...haven't seen any "neighbors" since I've been here...
"Remembers being small, laying under the table and dreaming...."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're not terribly far from me then Tim. I live in Pickens county...about 15 miles or so from Clemson...(which I hate, by the way). Have any idea how far Dawsonville is from me?

Yep, good ole Pickens. It's a very nice town. And even though that scum university is in the same county, I don't think it counts...!! Does that usc in your name mean you're a fellow Gamecock fan?

Originally posted by Mr M Pulsive:

I'm not too far away (Louisville, KY). I usually get down to Gatlinburg, TN about once a year.

I'm going to be in Louisville in two weeks. I'm going to Gatlinburg first and then on to Louisville. I'm figuring about 3 hours driving time from Gatlinburg to Louisville. Is that about right?

Yep. I'm in Charlotte, NC. Originally from Detroit, MI.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by usc84:

I'm going to be in Louisville in two weeks. I'm going to Gatlinburg first and then on to Louisville. I'm figuring about 3 hours driving time from Gatlinburg to Louisville. Is that about right?[/QB]

Actually bro, it's probably closer to 4-5 hours, about 275-300 miles or thereabouts. Of course this is depends on how fast you drive and whether or not you get pulled over :)

-Mike

...simply stating.

Originally posted by Mr M Pulsive:

By the way, USC, what've you got planned in Louisville? What area will you be in? Business or Pleasure?

I'll be at U of L on business. I work at the Medical College of Georgia and we're doing cancer research with a doctor up there.

Thanks for the driving info.

I am in Orange Beach, AL, one of the cities of the "Redneck Riviera" referenced in my sig line.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Well, there are several of you within 300 miles or so...

Charlotte, NC is very close Rob...about an hour and a half or so...

If anyone has a gig within a reasonable distance let me know and I'll try to make it out.

Memphis, TN. Home of the blues and rock n roll. I hate this little town, because there's absolutely nothing to do here, especially if you're not 21. Even if you are, there's still not much to do here. Oh yeah, we have some basketball team, but they suck, and so does our college team. So does the football team, for that matter. So basically, this place sucks. Don't come here if you can help it.

Hey, I may be in Oregon now, but I left a good chunk of me in Alabama last summer. I am thinkin' hard about moving to Montgomery when I can. I've been told I was just born in the wrong state, I'm a displaced southerner. ;)

adamsclay

Connie Z...I love Nu Awlins!! I've been there twice...and I have to say it is a great city! It smells bad sometimes there...lol...but if you can get around that it's great! I love the begneits(sp?) at some place downtown...don't remember the name. And we ate at this little cajun joint one night that had a live band and dancing...most fun I've had! Jax Brewery is pretty cool, too....but I got harassed by a hooker outside Hard Rock Cafe!! I love the place!

I'm a NYC boy now living in the Chicago area. However, I had a 2-year pitstop in Charlotte, NC right after college (right before the NFL Panthers came to town; during the LJ, Muggsy, Mourning Hornets era). Nice city, and I certainly miss it when we've got single-digit temps in Chi-town!

One thing I miss about being down south is the great opportunities to see minor league baseball. There seemed to be tons of southern teams, and although I'm not a huge baseball fan, going to minor league games was awesome (usually the AAA Charlotte Knights who played just over the border in SC -- I got to see Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome, and Chad Ogea come up with the Indians organization when I was there). There's something about the minor league ballparks and ethos that makes minor league ball a whole lot more fun than pro ball (and the lower ticket prices help too!).

Peace, y'all.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I know what you mean Willie! The Knights were so good for a long time that many thought they should become a major league expansion team! Here where I live, we have the Greenville Braves, the SC AA version of the Atlanta Braves, and in Myrtle Beach (about 4 hours from me) reside the A team. I've seen many a future ATL Brave pitch in

Greenville, like Steve Avery, John Smoltz, Kevin Millwood, Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine, etc. I still say college baseball, and especially minor league, is the purest form of baseball out there.

Archived