Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For "franknputer" regarding BeOS

franknputer, Good to see your enthusiasm for BeOS. We have found BeOS to be incredibly stable on the RADAR. We have been running with it now for two years and we've never had a crash - even though RADAR is used in many live high-stress environments. Others that have recently switched to BeOS. 1) Harrison Mixing Consoles: http://www.glw.com/products/lpc/index.html (see bottom of page --> "Runs on the BeOS operating system for the greatest level of performance and reliability") 2) Roland's "Edirol" Line of dedicated Professional video recorder/editors - Just started shipping - The Product is Awesome!: Review: http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/article.cfm?id=8825&GU=le929 (see tech specs at bottom of page) BeOS is quietly makeing inroads into pro products due to it's fast boot time, high-speed real-time performance and extreme reliability.

Barry, iZ President

www.izcorp.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Barry - Thanks for the info! I had heard about Harrison awhile ago - I think they were being quiet about it then. Interesting to find out about Edirol! In case you hadn't made the connection, I write for Lebuzz.com (less to write about these days...but still some things). Would you mind if I quoted ya? If you like, you can drop me a statement via email. (Or, if you'd rather, I'll skip it entirely - whatever you prefer.) I've heard nothing but great things about the Radar system - I hope I get to play with it myself one day! (If you need any testers, ya know...hint,hint...heh heh ;) )

[quote]Originally posted by FranknWeWus: [b]Hi Barry - Thanks for the info! I had heard about Harrison awhile ago - I think they were being quiet about it then. Interesting to find out about Edirol! In case you hadn't made the connection, I write for Lebuzz.com (less to write about these days...but still some things). Would you mind if I quoted ya? If you like, you can drop me a statement via email. (Or, if you'd rather, I'll skip it entirely - whatever you prefer.) I've heard nothing but great things about the Radar system - I hope I get to play with it myself one day! (If you need any testers, ya know...hint,hint...heh heh ;) )[/b][/quote]No problem on the quote. Long Live BeOS!

Barry, iZ President

www.izcorp.com

Archived