Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

classic tunes

shex

what's your favourite bass line to just jam when your by yourself?

i love the line to money by pink floyd... and the slap line to take the power back by RATM... those're probably my two favourites, alongside any of the numerous riffs i've created...

- roses on your breath but graveyards on your soul -

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have too many faves - just habits ; } ...I make stuff up, sometimes get my mind and habits out of the way and let the muses pump it though the ethers to my fingers, and let them do the walking through the jello pages.

When I'm hanging with cats and they play some riff or line, it often follows that I'll later play/paraphrase something by the same band/artist. Always moving, always changing, music is : }

I cant help but play a little bit of Suck my kiss from the RHCP whenever i pick up a bass.

Also, even though i cant play the damn thing i still manage to play the main line from Have A Cigar from Pink Floyd.

Even the bass solo to A line in the Sand by Q and not U. (maybe some of you have heard of them-they are on dischord records)

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Everyday I always seem to slap the verse lines to the RHCP "aeroplane"... That and for some reason, lately I've been playing the riff to some Slayer songs... :freak: "close your eyes look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let yourself go..." or something like that ;) I'm getting too old for that shite! :D;)

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

Originally posted by sheX:

what's your favourite bass line to just jam when your by yourself?

i love the line to money by pink floyd... and the slap line to take the power back by RATM... those're probably my two favourites, alongside any of the numerous riffs i've created...

Dooood, are you my brother or something? I play the hell outta those lines, too...sometimes with my eyes closed.

I also like to play Phish's "Down With Disease", which is easy to jam on, as well as Widespread Panic's "Imitation Leather Shoes". Sometimes, I even "jam" around TOOL's "Sober", which is really nothing but a slapped D, save for a few different notes in the chorus.

Also, I can sometimes pull off some really cool stuff around The Police on my fretless, sliding instead of your basic note after note playing.

Favorite line to jam on? Changes with the weather. But, of recent, it seems that I've been pulling out the following with some frequency:

"Funk #48" The James Gang

"Super Bad" James Brown

"Express Yourself" Charles Watts & the 103rd St. Band

Peace.

--sweets

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

It's usually something I have written, or just noodling around stuff. but, I have been known to play...

Heart of the Sunrise or Roundabout-Yes

Bass solo, Freewill-Rush

For the Love of Money-O'Jays

Doin it to Death- The JB's

Express Yourself-Charlie Watts and 103 St Band

We Care A Lot-Faith No More

Backwoods or Walkin' on Down the Road-RHCP

and others I'll probably remember as soon as this posts...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived