Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Telefunken Echomixer?

wraub

Hoping Greenboy or some other expert can help with this...

We just got one of these at the studio. and we are not sure about it.

Ever heard of it?

Thanks.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, sorry Wraub, it's not something I'm familiar with. But Telefunken was known at one time for tube mics, later for plate reverbs.

So maybe its a tube-driven reverb (or analog [tape?] echo) with rudimentary mixing capabilities.

Got a pic? How big is it? Any date on back?

Wraub,

When I recorded a CD for my Christian theatre group, we used a studio that had lots of vintage stuff. The engineer (named Mike Watts) said he spent years picking up equipment that was being thrown out by "big" studios in NYC. Why not call him and ask? He may or may not remember me, but he's a really nice guy.

VUDU Studios

27 Hanse Ave

Freeport, NY

516-623-8838

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I found mention of them on a couple web pages. Klaus Schulze used to have one (three channels) back in 1972. Another page said it came from 1968 but didn't mention its function. No pics, no descriptions, just listed as equipment.

Still waiting for you to get back to me on those earkier questions, wraub.

Sorry, greenboy for the delay in responding, I'm mainly online at work, and I got the weekend off by surprise. Oh well . :)

It's approx. 20 inches long, black faceplate on a silver box/chassis, approx 2-3 inches tall. 5 sliders on face, with graduated lines that do not seem to relate to anything else. It says "Telefunken" at top, and "Echomixer" at bottom in a suitably Euro font.

It does not work at present, but looks to be from around late 60's-early 70's for sure, and was cheap on ebay.

And yeah,I saw the Klaus Schulze stuff as well, but it wasn't much help.

Anyway, thanks again.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived