Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

greetings/intro

norm stockton

Hello Low Down Lowdown-

After meeting Wally Malone at a recent clinic, he invited me to drop by and visit - which I FINALLY got around to today. Pretty cool...

Just wanted to post a greeting/introduction (is that the proper protocol for this sort of thing? sorry if not!).

I am a bassist living in Orange County, California. I have an instructional video series called "Grooving for Heaven", and released my debut solo CD "Pondering the Sushi" earlier this year. I'm also the bass columnist for Christian Musician magazine.

For anyone interested, you're cordially invited to drop by my website at Norm Stockton.com . There are audio & video clips, gear talk, tips, photos, as well as a couple of great interviews with John Patitucci and Dominique Di Piazza.

For you gear heads, I play & endorse MTD basses, Carvin, Peavey, and EBS amplification & effects.

Anyway, I hope to be able to drop by on a regular basis, schedule craziness permitting.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Blessings-

Norm Stockton

Orange County, CA

www.normstockton.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Norm,

Your name has come up favorably here in times past. Here is just one of the links: http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001691#000005

One of my hats is a PW band, maybe we'll have a discussion on that one day.

Dave

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Thank you all so much for your kind words & hospitality!! I'm looking forward to being part of the L.D.L. community. Again, I'm occasionally buried & might take a few days to check in...so please don't be offended if I don't respond immediately. :)

FWIW, if anyone ever does need to contact me right away, please e-mail me directly.

Blessings!

Norm Stockton

Orange County, CA

www.normstockton.com

I always enjoyed your comments on TBL and ChurchBass. It is great to have you aboard Norm!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by greenboy:

Wow! Norm Stockton! I've always enjoyed what you've had to say on TBL. Class up the joint for us, Norm. Welcome aboard!

Ditto! I still can't figure out how to post on TBL, but I like to lurk. There's this dude I know who posts there, from a small drinking town with a fishing problem, in New England. He's funny. I'm not. ;):D Anywho, I look forward to reading some more good stuff!! :thu:

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

Jeremy, I know that Norm endorses EBS and did have those with him at Bassquake. It may be the EBS IQ pedal, an envelope follower. As a side note I'll be picking up my EBS IQ and Chorus pedals tomorrow.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Hey Jeremy et al -

The fingerstyle bass solo in the middle of "Pondering the Sushi" was in fact an early-70's P-bass (with tapewound strings) through a Mutron III+ (wasn't that the model number of the re-issue?). That was a great pedal, but I ended up selling it because it was simply a pain to try to take on the road (took up way too much room in the flight case).

Wally was correct in that I am now an enthusiastic EBS pedal guy, and I use their BassIQ pedal for the envelope filter effect. It's about 1/3 the size and sounds quite good. For the record, I also use their Octabass & UniChorus pedals (well...when I use effects, that is - I usually prefer a dry signal unless playing tunes from my CD where I went effect-crazy!). :rolleyes:

Blessings-

Norm Stockton

Orange County, CA

www.normstockton.com

Archived