Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what the hell is this thing?

The Fonz

so i get to reharsal tonight and what do i spy with my little eye, but a five string propped up agains the wall. just sitting there so lonely. at first glance, it's a p.o.s. based on the fact that i have never heard of a "vester" in my life. but, never judgea book by it's cover, or in this case a bass by it's headstock.

it was built solidly though it weighed next to nothing. it had a passive p/j set up with great tone from the j pickup in the rear. the bridge was decent and with a setup for intonation and replacing the p ppup with a humbucker i have lying around, this thing could seriously RAWK. the string spacing was a little more narrow than i would generally like, but as i never slap anymore, who cares?

so, have any of you had any experience with a vester before?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear it worked out - it could have been some real junker with loose neck bolts and scratchy pots.

Glad Cornbread has heard of them. I would have thought they were made by the bald uncle from the Addams family....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Jason,

That's a subtle bad pun. I knew it was Fester, but hung it out there like that to make the joke (such as it was). The appearance of ignorance is a required element. (not that I don't have a generous dose of real ignorance).

A more suitable response would have been to congratulate Bastid E on playing a solid bass, instead of a bass that was a festering sore. That way, you would have indirectly "re-routed" the pun, and made you own bad joke at the same time. :confused:

No, don't thank me. This is what I'm here for. :eek:

Tom :thu:

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived