Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

band name wanted!!!

groovehead

OK. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Theye were a lot of fun. But, in the end, we decided to just go with a variation of our original name so that we wont lose any of the recognition we have gained in the area. Our name was VINYL. Now we are BLUE VINYL.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chardin is really close--if you judge by the names of the bands that do well these days, it seems that a successful band name must be exactly three words long. However, it also seems that at least one of those words must be a number. The number(s) can be either cardinal ("Seven Mary Three") or ordinal ("Third Eye Blind"). Do this, & the kids'll buy your CD. (In fact, perhaps the best way to go is to embrace the convention fully & call yourselves "Three Word Name"!)

Evidently the Beatles used to have a running joke about coming up with different names for themselves, such as "Joe Perreri & the Perreri Wallflowers," "Los Paranoias," etc.

My favorite band name of all time, forever: Hugh & the Beaumonts (an oldies band). Pretty swell, huh, Beav? :D

Tedster--yeah, I even thought of "Barbara and the Billingslies," or "Tony and the Dows," but somehow it's just not the same. :D

Maybe "Fred and the MacMurrays"? :rolleyes:

(I wonder how many dumb-as-nails club owners ask them, "So, which one o' youse guys is Hugh?" (Probably as many as would ask which one of the guys is Barbara!))

Originally posted by Eric Worthington:

If you call the band Semantics, and the crowd doesn't like you, you may have to endure a lot of anti-semantic remarks. And there might be some anti-semantic club owners that won't want to book you. Better to go with a name like He Brews (you know, a guy who makes his own beer).

Eric, thanks for that. It's a long time since I had leave work to change my underwear....

Lee, I was in a band who's name I truly do not remember. We all hated it, so when people would say "what's the band's name?", we'd answer "don't ask". It stuck, and actually worked pretty well.

Mats - how about "raiders of the lost chord" ??

Blue Vinyl is the winner - sounds like a good name to me. And you can accessorize your equipment to suit your name...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived