Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

1x12 cabinets

Ben

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nice new used Epifani T-112 showed up last evening, it sounds wonderful, lots of big grins here. Definitely an improvement over my much-loved Eden Nemesis 210, not world-shaking better, but clearer and more "present" in the room.

And another one should show up next week. Thanks, Ed Friedland, if you are still lurking out there, the pair-of-1x12s path worked for me. Can't wait to get a pair out to a gig, although I'm not sure when that will be, my latest bar band seems to have died.

It likes lots of power, turned my GK1001RB up pretty high, not sure a Clarus would drive one of these.

Congrats, Ben. Sounds like you got a good deal. I really didn't even look at the used market (not that I expected to find many Bergies there yet).

Enjoy!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Yeah, Tom, I have been combing the net - Google search, BassGear, and EBay, every day for a couple of months.

Bergantinos are scarcer than hen's teeth used. The only 112s I saw appeared last week after I had already committed to the Epifanis, the price was pretty high, not much less than new, and higher than I paid for the Epifanis, and the next day they were gone, somebody must have snapped 'em up right away.

Epifanis don't appear that often, either, but you do see some. EA's the same.

I hope you are as happy with your new Bergantino as I am with my Epifani!

Ben:

Congrats! Isn't that great? Getting a new piece of equipment home to tinker with? Then the anticipation increases as we imagine what it'll sound like at a gig. Then setting up and tweaking out the ultimate rig and finally playing!

Thanks for sharing your journey. If I didn't have a 2 x 12 that I love, I would be out shopping today!

hehehe

SlimT

It's all about the rumble.

He he he the second T-112 showed up last night and the two of them together are quite something, at least here at home. No need for my 4x10 any more, for sure! :cool::cool: Will report back after I gig with them, but as noted that may be a while.

• 1 month later...

Just a little follow up.

Yesterday I took an Epifani 112 to a medium-sized church for a relatively quiet acoustic gig. The room is very live and nodal and boomy, and when we played there before I used my 410 but couldn't get a sound I liked no matter what I tried.

The 112 worked great, much more focus in the room than the 410, plenty of sound, and I was able to tune most of the boom out just using the tone controls on my Sadowsky preamp, run directly through my GK head (bypassing the GK tone controls and going into the return patch) . Comment from one of the guitar players about how he couldn't believe that little box filled the room so well.

Yee hah!

I'll just chime in here to say that my new setup of 2 GS112 Aguilars with a AI Clarus head did quite well this past weekend. I got tired of hauling around my rack and SWR cabs so I picked up a Clarus head (thanks BobG) and a pair of Aguilar GS112's - one used and one new. Sat. night we played one of our regular clubs and the new rig sounded great. NO Farting from a pair of GS 112's (played my Lakland Dual-J fiver) and plenty of volume - gain and master volume stayed at 12 o'clock. I do run through the PA w/ a pair of 18" subwoofers, but the soundman wasn't putting much of me into them. I play in an electric/folk/rock/originals band, and while we don't come close to Metal or Punk volumes we're definately loud enough to wear earplugs. We had over 200 folks dancin and drinking till closing and the Clarus had plenty of power and the Aggies sounded great. just my $.02 - YMMV.

Steve

Well, since we're having so much 1x12 fun -

my Bergie has been a gift during this time. I'm playing in a different church all the time, and at least I've got a chance at a clean focused sound (talk about bad acoustics - one stone church after another). Now it's my bass that I've got to do something about (or get some outrageous sound shaping pedal). Even with my bass, I've been cutting through great without the mud.

I guess we got our money's worth !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Steve, really interested to hear that the Clarus head worked out for you.

I am intrigued by it, but was afraid it didn't have enough power (so I ordered a QSC PLX 1602 which is on a UPS truck somewhere between here and Denver).

I just this past weekend traded in my Peavey TNT and a Bag End 2 x 10 cab for an Ampeg B Series cabinet - its the cab with the one x 15" speaker.

I will use that with my SWR SM 400 head.

I liked the Peavey but was looking for a bit more warm bottom and less of the mids that I could not elimimate with the Peavey.

The Ampeg has wheels and handles and is slightly larger than the TNT.

I will give you an update Monday. I have a few private shows this weekend and will break in this cabinet.

www.danielprine.com

Archived