Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amps Again

Chad Thorne

I'm playing my bass thru my silverface Twin Reverb guitar player. I play at minimum volume, but stuff still rattles. Some is floorboards and some is amp cab; but should I not do this? I don't want to blow the 50w Celestions out.

Also, does anyone have experience with/opinions of the Fender Bassman 200 solid state amp?

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would highly recommend that you stop using your Twin now. You will ruin it. Maybe not now, but eventually, you will ruin it and have to spend a lot of money. I have heard good things about the Bassman 200. I have never played one, but I hear they're good stuff. They might be worth a shot trying out.

Get one of these and you will be happy...you can RAWHIDE it and it will not fail.

Carvin PB100-10

My eyes were opened to this piece by a bassist that brought one into the studio for a session. I *ALMOST* offered Him 500$ for it...until I found out you can buy a brand new one for 279.

It is a steal. Good for up to a 200 person venue...no problem. Mic it..and you got it made..

Shade and paste this in your browser for a look.

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/get.exe?PAGE=detail&CFG=2&SearchStr=(I.ItemNumber='PB100-10')+AND+(CID2='BA')

Get right the f*** out! That Carvin is too good to be true; any idea if it sports a line-out jack for going direct? If it does it will probably be my dream amp for some time to come...

BTW, Bill, if you care to e-mail me at cft353@hotmail.com I can tell you how to get in touch with Bill Hullett, if you don't already know...

Cornbread, thanks for the input about my Twin. I waited a lot of years to get it and DON'T want to wreck it...

or check out the Carvin PB-200 for $100 more you get 160 watts, a graphic equalizer and variable tweeter. Still about $230 less than the Fender.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived