Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bergantino Cabs

Ed Friedland

Mr Greenboy......I am sorry if you misunderstood my posting to Mr. Rick Turner regarding his use of E.A. cabinets. In no way did I say or mean to imply that E.A. was inferior! I thought that this was a soundingboard to find all of the newest and coolest gear. I REALLY like Bergantino's cabinets and thought it would be cool to get someone like Mr. Turner to give his opinion. Greenboy.......please don't take it so personally, these are wooden boxes with speakers in them. I can TOTALLY respect your opinions, please do the same. Thank you for listening!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibsongeek,

I don't think the content of the post had so much to do with the response as the way it was written. All capitals tends to come across very irksome online. It just plain bugs people. No fault of your own, your original posts may have been taken better if they weren't all caps. Thanks for making the adjustment.

Anyway, back to the topic!

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Hey Ed,

Considering all the plugs for Bergantino cabinets from Gibsongeek, would it be helpful to point out that Mr.Geek owns a music store and is a Bergantino dealer? I certainly feel that all opinions should be expressed on the forum; but members are being manipulated in this instance.

It would be more honest and even useful to the forum members for Gibsongeek to post that he loves the cabinets-and would be glad to sell you one.

Jammin,

Digidog

In response to you Mr.Digidog.......I actually use Bergantino cabinets and would be very happy to email you live photos showing my backline! I do not use them because I'm a dealer(I have a store full of other brand names that I can use anytime)I use them because in my opinion they sound the best! And by the way, I don't recall anyone saying that dealers could not post their opinions here!? I have not manipulated or solicited anyone here to buy a Berg from my store, so where does that come from? I post all over the internet with the GIBSONGEEK moniker in conjunction with my stores name. I never had any intention of keeping my identity hidden. I'm sad that this forum can't be used as designed, to voice ones opinions, without some people getting so emotional! As I stated elsewhere....Get over it, these are wooden boxes with speakers in them! Please use what you want!

I'm out.........Corey

Digidog & Gibsongeek et al,

I think you should all feel free to continue posting your opinions. My only request is that you keep it civil. That doesn't mean you can't disagree, just no name calling, flaming or profanity. So far, I'd say you have both fit in those parameters, so I see no reason to intercede here.

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Originally posted by GIBSONGEEK:

posted 5/28/01 in topic "just got acoustic image clarus:

JUST A TIP.....GO TO www.rockcityguitar.com THEY HAVE THESE THINGS IN STOCK ALL THE TIME FOR LESS THAN DIRECT AND THEY EAT THE SHIPPING!

My point is that the manipulation is not saying "I" or "We". Does this matter a bit? Maybe not; but I would like to think that the expert forums are more of an open editorial page than an advertising outlet. Just my opinion, and I don't feel all that emotional about it.

Jammin on,

Digidog

Archived