Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Treat for Bass Station Fans!

Anderton

Hi fellow bass players -

We've obtained permission from the kind folks at Backbeat Books to post a chapter from Ed's new book, "The Working Bassist's Tool Kit." It's currently on the home page and the bass channel Lessons page, or just click on:

http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Lessons--5151609,00.html

Enjoy!! Thanks Ed.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note: i took a brief look this morning and i found the information engaging. I will try to go through everything this weekend. Nice work Ed, and you are clearly an asset to the bass playing community. Also, thanks to Mr. Anderton for thinking of us over here in the Bass Station.

BTW, i have been a KEYBOARD subscriber for many years. So i am familiar with the name Craig Anderton. But i am more familiar with the name Jennifer Lopez, because she is much better looking than either of these two geeks. ;-)

J-Lo is pretty cute, but then again Geeks are sexy too! Marilyn Monroe married Arthur Miller, talk about geek! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Glad you liked the sample chapter, the whole book is designed to give you a good foundation in the skills you need to be a pro player. No super-hero bass tricks, just solid, core skills to help you gig.

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

>>Thank you, but i first thought you were handing out snacks.<<

Well, I wanted a somewhat more subtle topic title than "HEY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS BOOK."

However, snacks will be served during the discussion group about Ed's book next Tuesday at your local Barnes & Noble, where he will be making a guest appearance.

As to Jennifer Lopez, yeah, we have that problem all the time. We'll be walking down the street, and people say "Hey Jennifer! You're so much better-looking than that geek!" After a while, you just kind of tune it out.

I don't consider you guys geeks. I was

just in a one-liner kind of mood. You are

both handsome in appearance... just not my

type. LOL

Ed wrote:

>>>J-Lo is pretty cute, but then again Geeks are sexy too! Marilyn Monroe married Arthur Miller, talk about geek!

Well, she also married Mr. Baseball...now...he was a great baseball player...but, DiMaggio was a walking caricature if ever I saw one...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Ed!

Saw your book in Barnes & Noble yesterday. But figured I'd wait for you to come to Omaha for the book signing before I bought it. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

David

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "&$%^, what a ride". - Doug Berlin

Archived