Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what gives the vocals the presence of shine like on lenny kravitz new album

i was wondering how they capture that tinny metalice vocal sound if it was a protools plug in or somesort of fx's box. or a sythn module. other vocal sound i'm curious about is the standard chain of gear on rap vocals. thanks

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by selloutrr: [b]i was wondering how they capture that tinny metalice vocal sound if it was a protools plug in or somesort of fx's box. or a sythn module. other vocal sound i'm curious about is the standard chain of gear on rap vocals. thanks[/b][/quote]I think it's the sound of turd polish.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b]I remember seeing that his last album was ALL protools. Sounds like a turd?? Lenny Kravitz rocks....Take your Tard helmet off next time before starting the CD. It will be less muffled.... :p [/b][/quote]All PT? Now it makes sense. Maybe you'd like to borrow my Tard helmet?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Everyones a joker here... Damn if you want a serious answer you better go else where or just hope, I`m surfin` by. Even though I`m not sure what sound you`re talking about, it is most likely some plug ins. As far as the rap vocal chain is concerned, I use a a pretty flat mic and an Avalon 737. I like to add some bass (80 to 120hz) to the voice for some warmth. Its better to go staright to tape or HD. If you want to hear the results of my advice, go to [url=http://www.cultureVI.com]www.cultureVI.com[/url] You can download some songs and hear how this simple vocal chain works. Peace, Ernest

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]Ooh! did you see the serious man come in here and give 'advice'?[/b][/quote]Looked like a seriously posed question to me. I personally own a 737 and was glad someone finally took the question seriously.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]Ooh! did you see the serious man come in here and give 'advice'?[/b][/quote]I'd venture to guess that the MAJORITY of people come here looking for advice at one time or another... take it easy man... GM's forum is usually a great place to pose this type of question... ps... I think Lenny pretty much Rocks... :eek:

Kris

My Band: http://www.fullblackout.com UPDATED!!! Fairly regularly these days...

http://www.logcabinmusic.com updated 11/9/04

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]Ooh! did you see the serious man come in here and give 'advice'?[/b][/quote]Maybe I should have added a ;) :) :D :)

[quote] I personally own a 737 and was glad someone finally took the question seriously.[/quote]And what does owning an Airplane have to do with Audio. Show-off.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

[quote]Originally posted by Henchman: [b] [quote] I personally own a 737 and was glad someone finally took the question seriously.[/quote]And what does owning an Airplane have to do with Audio. Show-off.[/b][/quote]10 pts.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Henchman: [b] [quote] I personally own a 737 and was glad someone finally took the question seriously.[/quote]And what does owning an Airplane have to do with Audio. Show-off.[/b][/quote]I guess I better not talk about my island in the Bahamas. :p

Archived