Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Would Love Lyric Collaborater in Nashville

Hi all!

I am new to the forum!!. I heard about this place from gearslutz.com!

I am dying for a songwriting partner. I find that i get energized by working with others.

I would really like to hook up with someone in Nashville.

Check out a song I co-wrote, played, produced and mixed if you're curious.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/j.luzier/alliwant.mp3

Looking forward to hanging out here!! :wave:

Jeremy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks!

I really need to get that song cut. It's so hard to break into the business. I'd really like to establish myself as a producer/writer along the lines of Cliff Magness and the Matrix trio. But I just don't know to break in. :idea: but i doubt an established manager is gonna take on someone with no copyrights earning income. :(

I don't know.... I'm sure I've just scared away any collaborators. :evil:

:D

Jeremy

Jeremy, sometimes it's better to NOT get a song out, especially in Nashville. If you release it, then anybody can record it and it's not special or exclusive anymore. The big dogs here want exclusivity and 'holds' that are unique. Performing rights are open once you let it go FYI-

Start hanging around other established, great writers. Check the clubs for new bands and sounds and start to put together a 'formula' or working template for your sound and style. Then folks MAY start to take an interest in you and your songs or production style.

Just my two cents....

There are tons of venues in N'ville.

Open Mic nights etc, hone the skills there and you will meet folks as well.

The Blue Bird has one you have to submit to, on Monday nights I believe.

The local free papers have various other listings.

I met a guy delivering a pizza in the hotel elevator.

I asked him if he were a writer, he was.

After he deliverd the food, I had him come to the room and play one of his tunes on my guitar, very good lyrics, and schmaltzy eleoquent story in three minutes.

A few weeks later, that and a girl I met, inspired me to capture the town in a new tune about the making it. Bluegrassy and very tight lyrically. It's an A side, and I'll be playing that in a set at the BB on July 23rd.

Jim Collins (The Good Stuff, And They Do etc)told me that writing is about taking the biggest idea you can, and distilling it down into 3 minutes.

Writing that new song was an excercise based on his advice.

Good luck.

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Jeremy,

GO to the BLue Bird, hand around on Sunday evenings and ask Jeff Persoon for a few ideas on how to engae the networking process.

There are opportunities.

Alomst everyone I've heard tell their tale about that town , had the proverbial day gig and eventually became discouraged and contemplated leaving, then...got that cut.

The old Zen thing about losing the desire for what you want, will then allow it to come to you.

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Hi Jeremy,

nice song!!

Can i ask a question...now excuse my ignorance, i live Sydney Australia, about as far away from Nashville as you get. But your song sounds quite "rocky", i have always associated nashville as 100% country...now ill admit i dotn know anything about country music...i associate it with Dixie CHicks/Shania Twain/Garth Brooks. Anyway im just curious...

nope Nashville is not all country music.

Country is still in the majority here... and probably will be forever. But there is alot of other opportunities here as well.

Nashville is also the capitol of Contemporary Christian Music. Within that category you have many different style of music... RnB, Rock, PoP, etc.

Alot of different things get recorded in Nashville. Kimberly Locke, from American Idol, was signed with Curb Records (in Nashville). Her album was recorded and mixed here.

It's 2004... things are changing ;) .

Jeremy

There is a cool, burgeoning Rock community here which is very virile. It's also the capitol of Christian music and Bob Olhsson and I are trying to get a Soul and R&B scene happening as well. There sure are plenty of legendary players here in all styles. We gotta' give back to the 'youts'. :D:wave:

Archived