Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where's MTV X?

Seems like MTV X has changed to MTV J (jams) on my cable system. Is this a universal change, or is it a local thing? At this point I have no reason to watch the network at all. I used to enjoy turning to MTV X and seeing old rock videos, but I have no use for a channel of Hip hop videos. Isn't that what regular MTV is for? :mad:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I don't know from MTV X or whatever. MTV lost me when they abandoned music for "youth culture". I really don't know what the network is supposed to be about anymore. Everytime I turn it on it seems to be Reel World meets Pro-wrestling. I mean; what the hell is that?!?! And why would anyone care? Last night it was on and it was Celebrity Deathmatch, which is funny the first couple times you see it, and then hits the 'stupid' factor very quickly. Then a show called Jackass, which looks to be a show about college roomies playing cruel tricks on each other. You know, pissing in your buddies beer or something. It occured to me that MTV has so little to attract and hold viewers that it has had to resort programs that have practically zero content besides their shock value. It's really sad for MTV, because I can see their dilemma. If you can't keep ratings up, how can you keep a premium on selling advertising time? I think they exploded during the 80's, and have done everything they can to remain BIG. But the truth is, videos and music alone are not enough to keep that much of a marketshare. Unfortunate, since I love music, and enjoy a well thought out video. At least I still have VH1. :rolleyes:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

MTV X? (or J) is that different from MTV2?...how many MTVs are there anyway? my crappy cable system only has one MTV.. the one that has that road rules/real world crap playing 24/7...oh yeah and the Osbournes - that's about as unobjectionable MTV gets these days.
0096 2251 2110 8105

MTV X was all rock videos, all day, with no commercials, game shows, VJ's, or anything else that has killed MTV. It played old rock videos, new rock videos and everything in between. It was kind of nice for a change, but it looks to be no more.

[url=http://eddietrunk.com/news/article.php?news_id=542]Here\'s a link[/url] to a partial explanation...guess it changed to MTV Jams...it was only available by digital cable and satellite in limited markets...kind of ironic seeing the success of the Osbournes...

Archived