Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digidesign ADATsinc interface

A few Days ago , I posted a question about how i can sinc An ADAT alesis lx-20, I receive a fews reponses,, I discover A gear manufactured by digidesign disigned for protools III ] , any one knows this product?? Could i use it with protools digioo1 in PC?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, the Digi 001 isn't expandable. You can only use the onboard hardware with it. You CAN add a additional MIDI interface to your computer, and you CAN bring signals in via a outboard device that transmits Alesis Lightpipe signals, but that's it. If you want to use the LX20 with a Digi 001, just send the lightpipe out of the LX20 ADAT by way of a fiber optic cable, into the Lightpipe in jack on the Digi 001 PCI card. Set the Digi 001 Pro Tools software to sync to ADAT optical and you're all done. This will give you word clock sync, but not positional sync. For that, you'll need a JLCooper Datasync II or Alesis BRC to convert the ADAT 9 pin sync jack info into Midi Time Code, which the Digi 001 can then "chaselock" to.

From Digidesign's site: [b]How do I configure my BRC and Digi 001?[/b] 1) Connect the MIDI out of the BRC to a MIDI input on your MIDI interface, or to the Digi 001's MIDI in. 2) Connect the light pipe cables between the Digi 001 card and the ADAT. 3) Configure OMS, make sure you have a BRC on the appropriate OMS port. 4) In the Pro Tools Peripherals dialog, set the device to "Generic MTC Reader," and set the port to BRC. 5) In the session Setup window, make sure your frame and sample rate matches the BRC's, and that the sync mode is set to 'optical'. 6) To enable MIDI Machine Control of the BRC (optional), enable machine control in the Pro Tools' Peripherals dialog and set the Send To pop-up to BRC. Leave the ID number at 127. NOTE: When an ADAT record enables/disables tracks the sample rate clock will be momentarily interrupted. This will throw up warnings in Pro Tools LE. Click through them and you will be able to resume your work.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived