Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

12:00 EDT on the DOT! Upgrade complete...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by alphajerk: [b]we once lit the lake on fire at the campground there while camping for the dead shows... tried lighting a fire with coleman fuel and it went up the stream towards the opening on the canister which immediately got thrown into the lake, spilled out onto the water and the water was literally on fire...[/b][/quote]So - did you all start singing "Smoke On The Water" ? :D :eek: :rolleyes: Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by alphajerk: [b]so does the avatar not update old posts?[/b][/quote]Yes it does update all old posts as the "member" information is pulled from each user's "member" profile dynamically. You don't see the avatar on the first post since it's cached...it's best to log out, quit the browser and log back in to assure seeing the avatar...

Hmmm, this is completely strange. I choose the url for my avatar, choose this image, go back and update my profile, and the image won't come up. When I go back to my profile, it has the blank url so it's not saving for some reason. And now I come back, and one of my posts has mysteriously vanished. :confused:

[quote]Originally posted by DC: [b]Hmmm, this is completely strange. I choose the url for my avatar, choose this image, go back and update my profile, and the image won't come up. When I go back to my profile, it has the blank url so it's not saving for some reason. And now I come back, and one of my posts has mysteriously vanished. :confused: [/b][/quote]Oops I deleted the post since it was a test and you followed up with another so I thought it was a double post. As for the avatar, make sure you have it hosted at a place that allows remote linking of image, since places like Geoshitties and Tripod do not allow that...

What band? I go to Fat City occasionally. Been to some shows at the Neighborhood Theatre right down the street which is a converted movie theatre, kinda cool. That's the neo-hippie district there. Hey there's a guy on this forum who plays in a band called Loafer's Glory, they live near Aheville, said he was looking for gigs up there.

[quote]Originally posted by DC: [b]Well, I logged off and back on then updated my profile again. Lets see what happens (my image shows up on the profile page but hasn't been saving).[/b][/quote]Well I just checked your profile and I see the custom URL as http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/blank.gif. You need to 1st replace that with the exact URL to your avatar, then click "Select this Avatar" in the top left.

[quote]Originally posted by kudyba: [b]Oops I deleted the post since it was a test and you followed up with another so I thought it was a double post. As for the avatar, make sure you have it hosted at a place that allows remote linking of image, since places like Geoshitties and Tripod do not allow that...[/b][/quote]I've posted another pic from this site here before. Kudyba, I've tried over and over to upgrade my profile and it won't save. Shows up on the profile page just fine, but its gone every time I go back to the profile page. If it's not too much trouble to insert for me, my avatar should be: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=224125 Thanks :cool:

[quote]Originally posted by kudyba: [b] [quote]Originally posted by DC: [b]Well, I logged off and back on then updated my profile again. Lets see what happens (my image shows up on the profile page but hasn't been saving).[/b][/quote]Well I just checked your profile and I see the custom URL as http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/blank.gif. You need to 1st replace that with the exact URL to your avatar, then click "Select this Avatar" in the top left.[/b][/quote]Same thing happened to me last night - I put in a custom URL & selected it, saw the pic in the profile window, but when I tried to post it disappeared - went back to my profile, & the URL had been reset. Did this twice, then posted the tape machine from my web server & that went fine. Curious about the image reset, tho...???

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]What band? I go to Fat City occasionally. Been to some shows at the Neighborhood Theatre right down the street which is a converted movie theatre, kinda cool. That's the neo-hippie district there. Hey there's a guy on this forum who plays in a band called Loafer's Glory, they live near Aheville, said he was looking for gigs up there.[/b][/quote]tripod. i've been to fat city before. neighborhood seems quiet... the taxi guy thought it was a "bad" part of town. i hardly found that to be the case. what guy? i havent heard of that band playing here... bu i dont look at the listing all that often. i usually just go out when someone i know is playing.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

What band, what guy, where the hell did I dine. sorry. I forget his screen name it starts with a j, jnoornan or something like that. He'll be around I'm sure. Did you eat at Fat City? That place looks like such a dive but the food is really good. The bathroom is pretty scary. Looks like a third world jail cell. They have the gallery crawl the first and third Fridays of the month. Everybody comes out and mingles and they have a big drum circle going on and all kinds of art on display. That surrounding neighborhood is scary too, do not go outside the designated areas or they'll GET ya. Some of the local denizens are not thrilled about their hood becoming a counter culture attraction.

[quote]Originally posted by DC: [b]I've posted another pic from this site here before. Kudyba, I've tried over and over to upgrade my profile and it won't save. Shows up on the profile page just fine, but its gone every time I go back to the profile page. If it's not too much trouble to insert for me, my avatar should be: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=224125 Thanks :cool: [/b][/quote]OK how do you like them apples? There's technically a 3rd step--you still need to save the changes, after the avatar pop up window, in your member profile, i.e., clicking on "Update Member Info".

[b] [quote]OK how do you like them apples? There's technically a 3rd step--you still need to save the changes, after the avatar pop up window, in your member profile, i.e., clicking on "Update Member Info".[/b][/quote]I always hit the update profile button to no avail, but it looks like you took care of things. Thanks, :)

Archived