Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help with sequenced parts

I come seeking wisdom... We have reassembled an old group of terrific musicians and friends, playing primarily arranged/improvised jazz (read Metheny/Weather Report/standards/originals). For a variety of reasons, we have to forego a living breathing bass player for right now. Still, we are using melodic and rhythmically dynamic bass parts, which I play now in my left hand. While I have reasonably good left hand chops, I find it difficult to keep a really good improv and a quality bass part simultaneously. I want to use sequenced bass until we get to the preferred solution - a living bass player. The problem - keeping timing, especially in live performance. Our drummer is using Roland V-drums. I am looking for a solution to keep him in control of the tempo (strong first choice) or to feed tempo data to all of us (but especially the drummer) without the dreaded click track. I thought I remembered a product/software patch that could take Midi data and analyze it for tempo in real time, for exactly this purpose. Does this ring a bell? Or does anyone have any ideas? THanks.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived