Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VIRUS!!!!! or not?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, delete the f*&^er immediately. I got three emails yesterday with that worm virus...the old: "I sent you this file cause I want your opinion"...thing. Whoever initiated this isn't too bright...why would I be getting an email from an unknown person wanting my opinion...? So, it's still floating around. And, it has the double extension.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hi guys I got that 'I want your opinion' e-mail twice and also deleted it. Anybody who opened the attachment??? what happened??? Peace. This message has been edited by sign on 08-25-2001 at 05:43 PM
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Keep these 2 URLs for quick reference and shocking reading: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter <-- My favorite http://www.nai.com/avcenter Check out the "Sircam" worm -- this is the one you are mentioning. But, the "magistr" worm is running around, too. It flashed a PC BIOS in the office I work for and trashed the boot sectors of its drives. The mother board is basically history. "Funlove" is making its rounds in southern California these last 2 weeks. Keep those antivirus programs up to date! And, keep those critical DAWs off the main network. Don't risk your session work.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Consider yourselfs LUCKY. I got hit by that... no, I am not dumb enough to open that shit... but somone who has a HIGH SPEED CONNECTION *and* my adress in their computer DID. This person(s computer) emailed me that virus not once, not twice, not three times, not 100 times, but in excess of over FOUR THOUSAND times. At 200k a pop, thats mildly irritating (HAH) especially on a mere 64kbit connectoin as I am. In the end I even found out and CALLED this less-than-smart person but it still continued for days.... I had to write a .procmail script on my ISP's unix provider to filter them out on the server end.... a few days after stopping it started again.... I havnt bothered after that, probably a few more THOUSAND of these virii came in again... I *think* it has stopped a second time. What pissed me off even more was that after mailing the person and getting "mailbox full" response I mailed abuse@ the persons domain and got this "auto reply" on how they acted on all thse things within "3 days" and I would get "a reply". Which after 3 days it was still going and no reply. ARGH! /Z

I got the virus... it found a doc that had my VISA # and sent it out to people who had sent me e-mail or were co-addressees (not even my in mailbox) Anyway, someone was kind enough to advise me and the card was cancelled. The girl from VISA asked me whether I can trust my friends... She then asked me for the card # so I told het to check her e-mail LOL So I RUN and buy Norton Anti-virus and life's great right? Well now whenever I boot up I get DEMANDED whether I wish to install MSN Access, which begs the question: Is there a virus (M$) [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] in the anti-virus program that I purchased? Or is a virus only a virus if M$ didn't create it? Andy

Archived