Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

where are the new legends?

Hear is something that bothers me! More often I see musicians whom studied at school of music on live tv shows. They play in bands, composed by record companies or the TV producer. Why is there no more room for the man/woman from the street? Most music has become so preprint of over studied. Wheres the fun, where's the soul...Where are the fool!!! The crazy PPL? I mean is it not that kind of strange breed that gives us real emotion and joy. Everthing is some over entertained and predictable. Music is about personality not about the study to play perfect. Almost Everything I see or hear is so empty. Those of you who have seen just ppl playing from the heart (no matter if its sounds) please let me now the names, so I can regain joy in watching and listen too the music others than I normaly do. Greetings Era Music

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People buy what they want to buy; if people aren't entertained, they will most likely choose not to buy. I guess an artist can decide that they just want to express their emotions... but this is no more valid than someone who decides that they wish to be an entertainer as well. Forgive me if what I'm saying is unclear. -GT3

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Yeah I know, I rave against the music business too but there's still a lot of great stuff out there. I still like Counting Crows a lot. I don't know about recently but Adam Duritz wrote some great songs in the 90's. Another band to check out is The Blues Runners from Louisiana. The CD I have is To The Country-sounds like The Rolling Stones if they were Cajun. You gotta listen to it three or four times before you catch where they're coming from. Beth Orton-Have you heard her CD- Trailer Park, it doesn't really rock but it has what I call understated uniqueness. None if this is crazi but it is music I think has some depth to it.

Archived