Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone know Ladies Love Outlaws lyric?

Below is my version of the Confederate Railroad rendition. In italics are words I am unsure of. If you know, advise! === "Ladies Love Outlaws" - Confederate Railroad (and Tom Rush / Waylon Jennings) intro: G G C Jessi was a lovely child from West Tennessee D G Leroy was an outlaw [i][b]hard and mean[/b][/i] (G) C One day she saw him staring and it chilled her to the bone D G She knew she had to see that look on a child of her own [chorus] G C D G Cause ladies love outlaws like babies love stray dogs C Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold D G Outlaws touch ladies somewhere deep down in their souls [i][b]Ledno[/b][/i] was a lady, [i][b]London-built[/b][/i] to last Billy was a no good guitar picker runnin' from his past Listenin' to his songs she heard nothin' but bad news Still she made her mind up to try to get [i][b]in, win or lose[/b][/i] [chorus] [instrumental break] modulate +1/2 Eb, then G# (Confederate Railroad) Jessie liked Cadillacs and diamonds on her hands [i][b]Waymore[/b][/i] had a reputation as a woman's man Late one night her light of love finally gave a sign Jessie parked her cadillac and took her place in line [chorus] [chorus] [instrumental break] (Waylon Jennings' verion): Yeah ladies love outlaws Like babies love a bunch of stray dogs Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold And outlaws touch ladies anywhere they want

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b]Below is my version of the Confederate Railroad rendition. In italics are words I am unsure of. If you know, advise! === "Ladies Love Outlaws" - Confederate Railroad (and Tom Rush / Waylon Jennings) intro: G G C Jessi was a lovely child from West Tennessee D G Leroy was an outlaw [i][b]bad like me[/b][/i] (G) C One day she saw him staring and it chilled her to the bone D G She knew she had to see that look on a child of her own [chorus] G C D G Cause ladies love outlaws like babies love stray dogs C Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold D G Outlaws touch ladies somewhere deep down in their souls [i][b]Linda[/b][/i] was a lady, [i][b]Blonde and built[/b][/i] to last Billy was a no good guitar picker runnin' from his past Listenin' to his songs she heard nothin' but bad news Still she made her mind up to try to get [i][b]him, win or lose[/b][/i] [chorus] [instrumental break] modulate +1/2 Eb, then G# (Confederate Railroad) Jessie liked (her) Cadillacs and diamonds on her hands [i][b]Waymore[/b][/i] had a reputation as a woman's man Waylon also did this line; (Late one night they got together in a motel room) Late one night her light of love finally gave a sign Jessie parked her cadillac and took her place in line [chorus] [chorus] [instrumental break] (Waylon Jennings' verion): Yeah ladies love outlaws Like babies love a bunch of stray dogs Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold And outlaws touch ladies anywhere they want[/b][/quote]Duke, I made the changes as I have them by Waylon. Unfortunatley I don't have the Tom Rush album any longer.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[i][b]Linda[/b] was a lady, [b]Blonde and built[/b] to last[/i] Haha, can you believe I thought it was Ledno and London-built. Man, it's a bitch to lose your hearing. (Actually, Confederate RR's singer sure wasn't clear.) [i]Waylon also did this line; (Late one night they got together in a motel room)[/i] Where did he do it? (It's not right where you had it, right, cuz that would be too many lines? Thanks, I hoped somebody could clear that up as a web search showed nothing. I don't understand this song. I mean, it starts out with Jessi being a child and she sees an outlaw, Leroy, and wants that look for a child of her own? I don't track on that. Was he staring at her? And a child wanting a child? I dunno. Then we have Linda and Billy. Okay, so we're gonna have a slew of characters here, so I kinda understand where he's going. Then, no, we go back to a Jessi. I assume maybe Jessi, the child, grew up. And then introduce Waymore. Waymore? Is that right? What a name. Man, Rush musta been smokin' dope on this one. (To his defense, maybe his lyric was clearer.) There is a band here that does the kind of music that I am working up on a setlist of mine, kinda heavy in the outlaw stuff... and this song, they do it very well. I mean, it's catchy as hell.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Confederate Railroad definitely has a few words different in their version. And the last line below, the best I can come up with is what I have shown. Sounds like he's singing "hard, hot and mean" but I'm not sure. If anyone knows, advise. [i]Jessi was a lovely child from West Tennessee Leroy was an outlaw [i][b]hard, hot and mean[/b][/i]

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived