Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sir Ian McKellen on SNL

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He really got into it by the time he did the Maggie Smith impersonation. I think the kiss was really unrehearsed by the reaction from the news anchor, Fallon? (I don't watch SNL usually so I don't know the names) What's got you confused?
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

okay, i think i can do this now... he started it all off in the monologue, with this "gay" thing- me: [i]wait- is Ian McKellen gay? i would have heard... but he surely wouldn't joke about it if he was... or is that 'if he [b]wasn't?...[/i][/b] that continued through many skits (i think he was in every one, not every other like some hosts), pretty much peaking with an appearance on the news report as Maggie Smith, commenting on the Oscars. someone else mentioned the kiss, well it definitely surprised Jimmy Fallon. the lipstick was smeared across his face masterfully. i won't go through each skit, but it was really a great episode. he was great as Yves St Laurent- what a dancer! there was one where he was a guest on a Turkish talk show, and he kept scratching his crotch. the camera is right there, and he's... poking his neenernoo!! anyway, it really was awesome. they'll rerun it, you have to see it. i can remember Sir Ian recently saying (paraphrase) "all my success, and i'll be remembered as a wizard" (no jordan jokes please). but he's an incredible actor, and many of us are just finding this out! i'm sure after lord of the rings he's drowning in offers, i bet we'll soon see a decent comedy and for sure a good thriller or drama featuring my new favorite actor.

I didn't see SNL, but I agree that Sir Ian is outstanding in EVERY film that he does. I've been meaning to watch his Richard III for some time. I'll have to put it at the top of the rentals list.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived