Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

01V Power-up Spike

Hey Folks, Any other 01V users get a huge audio spike -- that's sent to the outputs -- when they turn the mixer on? I've worked around this for two years but would like to know if it's fixable. (And yes, I know it's stupid to have waited two years to try and solve the problem.) Any advice appreciated! Marv

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Marv, Most mixers I've worked with (not only digital ones) have this. I have just gotten into the habit of turning on my gear that's plugged into the mixer inputs on first, the mixer next and finally, the amps. When I turn them off I do it in reverse order. It's second nature to me now that I don't even think about it. That noise spike is pretty nasty though if you forget. You even see it in the meters on the board. It might be possible that Yamaha can fix it as I think the spike happens after boot-up if I recall but I wouldn't know for sure. Sorry that I don't have better news for you. fv

Thanks for the input, FV. Funny, in all the mixers I've worked with (analog and digital, including other Yamaha digitals) this has never been a problem. Sure, I get the usual pops and clicks when powering-up, but never a tweeter-blowing spike like I get from the 01V. Marv

Speaking of the 01V, what is the general concensus of using that mixer for live use? Also, since it's been around for a little while how do you feel it is stacking up against the newer mixers. I was noticing that Behringer is selling a mixer that looks like an 01V clone- and opinions on that? Also I have seen some 03D mixers on Ebay, which I've been told are much nicer than the 01V for about the same price -is there any truth to that? I'm researching info on mixers since I'm going to be in the market for one to use live in the near future. By the way, I'd agree about the spikes during powerdown. I'd definitly shut the power amps off first. Although, try lowering the master fader to zero and see if that helps if for some reason you must leave the amps running.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived