Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool forum search improvement

Some of you may have noticed the forum was down "due to scheduled maintenance" (gotta love default messages). Well I've upgraded once again and now the search function is new and improved. A search will take you directly to the post, i.e., anchor you, to the position of the word/term searched for in a thread. Handy in those long threads. And it should be a little quicker. But it still is a beta version. If all goes well, I'll bring back the "global" search that allows you to search all forums but that option is server intensive so we'll see how it goes. After all, searching 20 forums is intense too!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, Wager! A while ago you were bitching because you couldn't do a search. :rolleyes: Now you can. Go to some other forums & try their search. :eek: Ha! Quitcherbitchin! :D I actually never had a problem with the search engine. It would throw a blank screen up for 15-20 seconds while searching & then pop up with the results. I'm on DSL with a pretty fast download & maybe that was the difference.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

hey, i'm not bitching! :eek: :( :o :o :D i really should get dsl. i just searched keyboard for vst rhodes, the new searcher was great. i search the mp forums for something almost every day. if i have any music tech question, i search here first, then google.

Archived