Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VS-880 backup to CD-R, how ?

I never used this and from the manual it seems I can only backup on a ZIP or (DAT which I don't have). I'm trying to help someone while I have something to mix for yesterday so I can't dwelve into it myself, I'm already out of time. So any help would greatly be appreciated. Curve? That's your turf right? Emile

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emile, My understanding is that the VS series will only converse with the Roland CD-R drives. That may not be correct,but I believe I read that about the 2480's. On the 1680: press [b]shift[/b],press [b]utility[/b],then press [b]page[/b] until the [b]CD-R backup[/b] & [b]CD-R recover[/b] icons appear. Select the function by pressing the corresponding button in the row beneath the display. Hope this is helpful. It should be pretty close to the 880 procedure. later, Mike

Emile, Do you have an VS880,VS880 VXpanded,or a VS880 EX. The first of these units came with only ZIP,JAZ,and DAT back-up.you may need to go to a Roland dealer to up-date the software version to CDR Back-up.This is possible only if you have a SCSI Burner,set-up for VS recorders.I believe that all VS880s came with a SCSI port to connect the two using Microsofts'TOAST software.I have owned both series of 880s,and I believe I still have the software for the up-date from the original vesion.If you need it,you can contact me at cheslattarecords@shaw.ca? Rick Irvine

Thanks to all for the replies! Indeed the vs880 is only capable of backuping to DAT, ZIP and other SCSI drives (500MB or 1 GB partition only) along with specific CD-burners (as long as you have the update). Still the only procedure that was easily understandable was to DAT. So we rented one. The gun I was under didn't leave any time for second guessing. I've been working for 28 hours non-stop on a crazy assignment and we just pulled it off on time. I'm going to sleep now. Just wanted to say thanks before I pass out. Merci bonsoir! Émile

Archived