Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the best dual Plll Mobo?

Hello , I am building a new computer around Logic 5 or Cubase 5. OS: W2k. Will be using a dual Pentium lll motherboard with 1 to 2 GB or RAM. Some one suggested the GigaByte GA-6VXDC7. Does anyone suggests to use P4 over a dual Plll? (I do not want to use an AMD processor) Which is the best dual Plll Mobo available that will be the most compatible. I have not decided on the sound card. I will use only soft synth and samplers. Kalamata Kid Proposed Computer Specs: (2) 1 GHz FC-PGA Pentim lll 2 GB PC133 SDRAM (non-ECC) Quote 512 Mushkin single sided modules? (high performance) Cas 2. Also may consider Crucial Technologies, Micron, Corsair and NEC modules. Give prices of two or three. Software. Install Windows 2000. Each boot to have its own Windows 2000. On the third boot install Windows 98 SE. Dual Processor MotherBoard. GigaByte GA-6VXDC7? (Without audio or video) 3ware Escalade 6410 PCI IDE RAID card. Using the 6410 in JBOD mode 1. Programs and non-audio data: 20 GB Virtual Memory 20 MB on outer rim 2. Audio: 40 GB 3. Sample Streaming: 60 GB (3) Hard Drives: IBM Deskstar 60GXP? Convert to Fat 32 or NTFS? Give me price for 20, 40 and 60 GB drives as the price will determine the HDD set up. Onboard ATA 100 controller: Primary Master: Connect the CDRW Secondary Master: DVD ROM CD burning: Plextor PlexWriter 24/10/40A primary master DVD Drive. With volume and Headphone jack. With SPDIF digital audio out (to sound card). cdrw and dvd to the same cable. Secondary master 1. Pioneer DVD-116 or DVD-106S. What do you recommend? 2. Sony 3. Aopen 1640 has SPDIF Video Card / Graphics Card: Matrox G550 (G450 better 2D), 32 MB DDR ------------------

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would recomment an Asus CUV4X-D. I don't understand the RAID setup though. Seems to me the best way would be to have two drives striped for audio and an ATA-100 drive on the Primary IDE channel as the "C" drive with all the Apps and OS. ------------------ Mac Bowne G-Clef Acoustics Ltd. Osaka, Japan My Music: [url=http://www.javamusic.com/freedomland]www.javamusic.com/freedomland[/url]

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Archived