Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need help with PHP

Anyone???

I got ahold of an open office real estate website template that works well and will work for me with some mods. Link button names and links & etc. I've no problem modifying the actual pages but can't see the coding for the buttons. I'd like to also place my banner at the top of the page in place of the generic banner.

Any body point me in the right direction?

If you clonk the Miltenberger Homes lonk on my sig line it will re-direct from the html site to the php site so you can see the banner and the buttons.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dak, check with the author. He should have a template and instructions for making those mods via css or whatever. It would be hard to say without being able to see the php source code.
No signature required.

The site's not coming up for me.

But, offhand, if you only have access to the 'front end' of the site as a surfer -- you won't be able to see the action, which in most PHP and ASP apps mostly stays on the server -- well, actually, all of the PHP or ASP executes on the server, creating the actual display pages on the fly (which will typically contain a mix of HTML and javascript).

jon doe, I've looked all over the site, FAQs and forums and can't see anything that tells me how to get into the coding to make the changes.

spokenward, yeah, all over it but I'm totally at a loss with PHP.

theblue1, the whole thing is on my site/host and uses mySQL as a database. I know noting about that either.

I'll look at my site files again and see if I can find a templates folder.

I know I found an index.html file in images but I can't access it, no permission.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Ah, I found it.

I figured out how to change the logo/banner statement but now need to figure out how to change the banner.

Thanks for the tips guys. They got me to where there is coding that looks much like html coding so I may be able to work with this some.

[edit]Yeah, I was able to change the order of the link buttons and change the names too. That's a start anyway.

Thanks Again, & any other tips will be appreciated.

Dak

[/edit]

Our Joint

Archived