Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Decent RTA Plugin

I'm looking for recommendations for a good Mac/Tracktion compatible VST RTA plugin, as well as other spectrum analysis plugin tools. Now that I've finally gotten a decent laptop setup, I'd like to be able to use this for system setups on live shows. While the ears will still reign supreme as far as the final say, I find noise to be a good way to get to a starting point fast.

Grateful for the suggestions.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pardon my ignorance, but is "RTA" actually "RTAS"? If so, I really like the Waves EQs and compressor for quick, easy-to-use and decent sounding stuff. Is this what you are looking for?

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

The free Inspector plugin is great

http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/inspector/

Windows kinda small, but pretty kewl for free. Works great in Tracktion, although it installed the plugin in the wrong place so I had to move it. Damned if I can get it to work in Potools though, but that's fine, as I been using Tracktion more live anyway.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Tracktion is pretty kwl. It's got a few bugs that most we've worked out, but I like it overall. Have the XD-2 interface with it (AKA Spike) and it's a nice little package. the onboard DSP compressor is superb for live show stereo mic recording. I set it at 2:1 on a soft setting, jsut to catch peaks, and it does a fantastic job with one of my shure VP-88's on a good PA. I've had some issues with intermittant glitches, but it appears that if you don't record too hot (nominal -18dbfs) then it's fine. I think there's an issue with the metering, not showing peaks when there actually is, but that's not confirmed.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Archived