Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's Friday!

hey, all you 9 to fivers, It's Friday!!!!....What's your plans for the weekend? Tonight, I will be recording more tracks for my new cd. Tomorrow, gonna stay outside as much as possible. Run 6 miles, then probably lay in the grass and soak up some sun, then go home and record a bit. Then at night go out with the wife and some friends and get completely wasted. :D:D On Sunday, gonna hike with the wife for about 10-15 miles and possibly go canoeing somewhere. Then record some more. So what are you guys gonna do? :wave::wave:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go out, get down unt boogie...!

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/dswfun/funimages/a_cow_l.gif

Actually, I'm exhausted just reading everything that Ryst is going to be doing :eek: I'm on call anyway, so probably not a lot, hopefully have some time to play the axe a little...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Base,

Wasn't yesterday Friday for you? :D

It's bad enough to have to do what you do, but to be on call about it is like rubbing tabasco in your eyes. :(

Then at night go out with the wife and some friends and get completely wasted. On Sunday, gonna hike with the wife for about 10-15 miles and possibly go canoeing

There's a joke about (popular) American Beer in there ;)

My roommates just bought their first house (congrats to them!) and I'll probably get to divide my attention between helping them fix it up/get ready to move into and trying to entertain my gf.

The getting wasted part sounds good too, but I'm still trying to decide if i should hold off for a couple of weeks or not :eek:

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Friday! I'm starting an album project tonight for my first official production gig with a band called SCARAMANGA!

Continue tracking basics through the afternoon on Sunday, then gig at The La Jolla Arts Fest with my Power Pop band Four Eyes.

1 pint of Guiness shall be consumed at the end of each day...

um

um

Alright 2 pints!

15:25 Friday afternoon here, I'm not in China :D You guys are only about 5 hours behind, depending on the coast, I think...

The on-call only really sucks because I agreed to do it when they said 'Oh, it's easy money, we never actually get called'. And I stupidly believed them and have been called EVERY FRICKIN' time since!!!! :mad: Will be getting the rota asap!!!

Still, a weekend's a weekend!! Can always veg in front of the TV and watch the Glastonbury festival :)

Originally posted by phaeton:

The getting wasted part sounds good too, but I'm still trying to decide if i should hold off for a couple of weeks or not :eek: [/QB]

Hey, phaeton...what's the joke? Sorry if I'm a bit slow. As far as getting wasted goes, yeah...it will be fun. Having a bit of a celebration for my wife. My wife is from Venezuela and she was working at a restaraunt for the past 3 years since she didn't have a work permit. After we got married last September she applied for her permit, got it in 3 months, started applying for jobs, found a part time job at a law firm and will probably be moved to full time within the next month. I'm so proud of her. She was a lawyer in Venezuela so to see here FINALLY doing what she really enjoys and wants to do is just great...I'm so happy I just wanna drink! Vodka and OJ or Crown and Coke. or both :D:D:D

Originally posted by ryst:

The getting wasted part sounds good too, but I'm still trying to decide if i should hold off for a couple of weeks or not :eek:

Hey, phaeton...what's the joke? Sorry if I'm a bit slow. As far as getting wasted goes, yeah...it will be fun. Having a bit of a celebration for my wife. My wife is from Venezuela and she was working at a restaraunt for the past 3 years since she didn't have a work permit. After we got married last September she applied for her permit, got it in 3 months, started applying for jobs, found a part time job at a law firm and will probably be moved to full time within the next month. I'm so proud of her. She was a lawyer in Venezuela so to see here FINALLY doing what she really enjoys and wants to do is just great...I'm so happy I just wanna drink! Vodka and OJ or Crown and Coke. or both :D:D:D [/QB]
THAT is a great story. You must be over the moon with joy. I have a British wife who came on vacation to the states 12 years ago and never went home. Once we married, she became legal, and everything just clicked for her.

She now owns her own Hair Salon and is doing great, and it sounds like your wife is and will be.

Tell her congrats from my wife and I.

Thanks, guys! I could go on and on about how she graduated high school when she was 15, got her first degree when she was 19, her second when she was 21, how quickly she learned the english launguage, how smart she is, how beauitiful she is....but the real question is: What the hell is she doing with me??? :D:D:D These aren't the best pics but you get the idea.

Warwick Castle in Warwick, England

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/90724685_l.jpg

Somewhere in Atlanta "getting wasted"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/112262060_l.jpg

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

Wow. And she's a lawyer!(is/was/will be)

BTW, is that a Chicklet in your ear or are you just happy to see me?

I know! It's just sick isn't it??? I have a few much better pictures I post when I find them. That's a foam ear plug...Loud music + alcohol = GOOD TIMES :D

I always hoped for an Irish or British wife... :(

Hey Base, you single? :D

Congrats y'all!

http://www.smileyworld.com/dictionary/images/smileys/MoodExpressions/lovestruck.gif

er... no *lol*

I'm going to bust my ass again (like I did all week) working on refinishing the dining room floor.

Then tomorrow I'm off to the Quad Cities to record some lead tracks for my friend Ray - - his son died of brain cancer last week, and this song is one he wrote to him as a last message.

When I get back on Sunday, I'll be sweating out all the accumulated poisons by mowing the lawn.

Picking my son up and taking him to his baseball game tonight (they won last night - he hit a triple).

Saturday is an all day motorcycle ride with one of my clubs. Taking my son.

Sunday is either motorcycling, graduation parties, or something else.

Guitar practice as I can fit it in.

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

I'm going out tonight to watch a band that I was in about a year ago that broke up and is now reunited, albiet it is only with 2 of the original 6 members :D . It should be a trip! Sunday I'm headed over to a friends house for some Xbox gaming with other friends and some beer. I can't tell you how bad I need a day to just goof off! Next week I'm off to Syracuse to setup yet another network. I just got back from Ontario a week ago I'm taking off again...Argh!

Whoops!

ryst...

I forgot that I did the ole "block images from this server" bit during your Hasselhoff days. Your post simply looked like this:

These aren't the best pics but you get the idea.

Then everyone went on about how hawt she is, chicklets in the ear, etc. I figured it out

*duh* :D:eek::D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

The never ending clean up at home on Saturday...

Then mixing my final jazz gig in Cookeville, Tn on Sunday. The artist is supposed to be Annie Sellick! And judging by the fact he produced her most recent album, I have to assume Pat Bergeson (whom I worked with the first gig and whose song I've been learning and refining for the better part of two months) will be on guitar. :thu: Who knows? Maybe Jerry Navarro will be back out on bass.

Either way, it promises to be a fantastic gig if the weather holds out. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Friday's "to do list":

Mow the overgrown jungle I call a back yard (all 1/3 acre of it :rolleyes: )

Meet with construction company to get vinyl window estimate.

Make various business phone calls that have to be made.

Do session at 6pm

While I'm working, I'll be thinking about all of you out there having a good time. :mad:;):D

Seriously, have a great weekend everybody! :wave:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Meet with construction company to get vinyl window estimate.

I just had all of the crappy aluminum frame windows in my house replaced last week with new vinyl and it's great! The house looks 10 times better and the insulation is night and day better. My house is much quieter and I can't feel a draft anymore :D . The only downside is that it set me back $7000! This week I find out that it's going to cost $300 plus $60 every other month to take care of my ant problem :mad: . The person that came out found out the cherry tree in my front yard is almost completely rotted out and infested with these little buggers :mad: . Ah, the joys of home ownership....

Whoops!

ryst...

I forgot that I did the ole "block images from this server" bit during your Hasselhoff days. Your post simply looked like this:

These aren't the best pics but you get the idea.

Then everyone went on about how hawt she is, chicklets in the ear, etc. I figured it out

*duh* :D:eek::D

LOL. Here are a couple better ones...well, of her anyway. :D

Nevermind me, I was sunburned and jetlagged..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/eliza.jpg

Birmingham, England

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ryst/IMG_0331.jpg

The only downside is that it set me back $7000!

Dylan, if you don't mind me asking, how many windows do you have? Are any of them fairly large? The last estimate got was $15K. :eek: I've got 13 windows, ranging in size from really small (about 2'X2') to fairly large (a few are about 4'X7'), so I'm not expecting this estimate to be inexpensive. :(

Ryst, your girlfriend looks like the "new" Overstock.com commercial spokesperson. Very pretty. :thu: You, OTOH, look fried... ! ;):P:D

Girlfriend? That's my wife, you fool! :D

I checked out the overstock.com site and saw the commercial you are referring to. I don't see much of a resemblance at all. But everyone sees things differently. And thanks, she is very beautiful. I am the luckiest person in the world. :D:D

The only downside is that it set me back $7000!

Dylan, if you don't mind me asking, how many windows do you have? Are any of them fairly large? The last estimate got was $15K. :eek: I've got 13 windows, ranging in size from really small (about 2'X2') to fairly large (a few are about 4'X7'), so I'm not expecting this estimate to be inexpensive. :(

I had 12 windows installed. Most were pretty large, too. The only windows that we didn't install were our two sliding doors, as they would have to be made custom and each one would cost around $1500 :eek: . We had Home Depot, or some type of contractor through them, do the work. They did a nice job. They had a large team of guys come in and spend two days hammering the project out.

Did you get the type that install over the existing aluminum frames, or the type that requires complete removal of the old ones and all the stucco work that goes along with that?

Ryst, sorry brother - I thought about that right after I hit "send" on that post. :o Your wife is very pretty, and it looks like you two have a lot of fun together. :thu:

Archived