Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sunday was a real treat...

At our Sunday service, we had a guest musician... He was visiting family in the area and plays one sweet soprano sax... If I had known he was coming, I would have recorded it. The guy was phenomenal and has his doctorate in music! He also plays every other range of sax. Soprano is my personal favorite and he said it travels easiest so that works for me! I would like to get him booked at the Rochester International Jazz Festival along with Scott Jones next year... It was attended by 65,000 folks this year with over 100 venues...

He did a solo freeform version of "Watermelon Man" during children's time that would've blown your minds! That was just too cool!!! He also played with us in choir and before and at the end of the service and also along with the hymns... Knock yer socks off stuff! I bought him our Autumn Stroll and Colors of Christmas CDs to take back with him since he has said he would try to get back to visit a few times a year. He said he would let us know ahead of time so our contemporary group, Circle of Friends, could have something worked up for him... Man, what a treat! Boggs

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived