Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dumb question for you PC builders

Hey all,

I have a new motherboard whose back I/O panel does not line up with the one in my case. The new mobo comes with its own panel that does match, but I can't figure out how the old one snaps out and the new one snaps in! Can anybody give me a clue? Or if there's an online photo or illustration of it somewhere that would be cool too.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes I just pushed in with a screwdriver handle until it popped out. And you weren't kidding about cutting my finger! :mad: Dammit that hurts. :D

The new panel went in pretty easily, it was mainly getting the old one out that I couldn't figure out.

Phil, I got an ASUS K8N mobo socket 754 and an Athlon 64. :thu: Not bleeding edge or anything, but I don't need that for my purposes and I got a heckuva deal on this stuff.

Links to the incredible deals please! ;):D

Good for you Lee - maybe it's not a socket 939, top end speed demon, but OTOH, that's a VERY fast and capable setup. You should be quite happy with it. Feel free to give me a call if you run into any more assembly issues. :)

Oh I just got em from Newegg... they weren't on sale or anything but the mobo is only 85 bucks, nVidia chipset, and I can use my existing IDE drives and AGP video card but I can add SATA drives too. Pretty sweet :thu: Well, at least I think so without having actually fired it up yet. :D It's been very easy to assemble everything though. Dylan recommended this mobo to me and as soon as I saw the specs I knew it was just what I was looking for.

I will definitely call you if I have any "issues," thanks for offering! As usual... you da man.

Archived