Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just burned a stack of demo cds. One song, called Bare Bones.

My computer, however, insists it's "Hooky Wooky" by Lou Reed. Seemed to get that idea when Itunes checked the cd database, and I don't know how to rectify this.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turn off the CDDB feature in your player/burner.

Either that or add 2 seconds to the tail of one track to fool the database...or better yet, just go off line when you burn CD's!

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Hi Bill,

Thanks, but when I burned 'em, the song and the CD were both named Bare Bones. Burned 'em with Toast. Even when disconnected from the net, the computer now thinks they're Hooky Wooky, and trying to change the names in Itunes freezes the program.

I know what they are, but I don't wan't people we send these to thinking it's really Lou Reed! And why would the computer think it's him, anyways?

Anyone else?

Thanks,

iTunes does this with me occasionally as well when it's clearly not the correct song. I don't have any simple solution. I've closed iTunes and the folder housing the song and reopened them and had pretty good luck that way. I've clicked repeatedly on the song in iTunes and had it revert to the proper song. And I've rebooted the computer once and still not had any luck once, but another time had it correct itself. I have no idea, but I think it's pretty weird. A lot of the time, I just burn the thing in Roxio Toast instead. This is probably not very helpful, but that's the best answer I have for this problem so far.

Archived