Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Magazines- outta here!

I've got stacks of Keyboard Magazine and Electronic Musician mags. They've been in my basement for twenty years or so.

I hate to burn them up, but that's what's happening to my Mix mags and catalogs.

If you're nearby (Raleigh, NC) and want them, come get them. I'm not shipping them.

Speak quickly, the fire's starting to burn really well.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of wish I'd done something like that with my old EM's, Mixes, and nearly 2 decades of PC magazines... but they all went straight into recycling. I saved the last year of EM's and a couple years of Guitar Player I'd subscribed to and that was it.

Yup. I'm cleaning out the basement.

It all started when the termites sprouted wings and flew out of a stump in the backyard leftover from Hurricane Fran (or one of them a few years ago.) I put a fire log on the stump to burn it up. Of course, looking around for other things to burn, (being the pyromaniac that I am), I found lots of stuff in the basement.

I finally got rid of my Kurzweil PC2X box. Nice box. Hate to see it go.

The magazines were there from many, many years ago. I hate to see them go too. But there are some arguments you don't really try to win. My wife said they needed to go (Why was I hanging on to them?) Could I expect her to understand? :rolleyes:

So, I'm crying. They're burning - the Mix mags and the PC mags are anyway. Booooo Hooooo. :cry:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I've moved 3 times in the last seven years and I'm about to move again in two weeks. I once had about 20 years of Keyboard Magazines, but I finally had to get rid of them. :cry:

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived