Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Do I Send out a Mailings w/out 100 email addresses on it?

I have a gig on Friday and wanted to send out a reminder email. However the last time I did this I had to send out emails to 100 people and everyones addresses were on there and some people took "offense".

I use the MAIL app. in OS X so if anyone knows how to send out the same mail to over 100 people without everyones name on there, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an address that's something like tkmajor-pals@xxxxxx.com I use in the "to" line.

Sometimes, in some email clients, you have to go to something like "Options/Toolbars/Show BCC address bar" because the BCC address bar doesn't automatically appear by default.

Those "CC" lists are deadly.

I've had to change email addresses a lot of times because people don't know any better -- or sometimes just don't bloody care -- and put my address in one of those.

A while back, a supposedly net-savvy internet friend made that bizarre gaff (he so should have known better) and within 3 hours, I got spams from two other people on that list (morons so clueless that they sent a gig notice with no address, no town, just the name of the bar and a day of the week and time -- to people around the counry and probably around the world.) And within three weeks I was getting commercial spam on that address.

I hate spammers and I hate having to change addresses all the time because people either don't get it or can't be bothered. GRRRR.

Originally posted by Prague:

On some email apps, put all of the To: addreses inside one set of parantheses, like (pictures@eleven.com)

These apps don't have a Bcc option.

Hey! Would that work with a group? That would make things easier.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

This screwup by people is my #1 internet pet peeve and I've written articles about it. BCC (blind carbon copy) is the way to do it and if it doesn't have that, put all emails in parentheses. (The entire group.) Test it out on a few if you have them.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Sorry... I was not clear. If one creates a group and puts everyone in it, then puts the group in Bcc and in parenthesis... Would that be just as effecive?

If you had a lot of addresses, it would be time consuming to have to do that over and over. But, I suppose saving it as a draft and making copies of it would save the hassle of adding them on every new email.

Just wondering...

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Archived