Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moog-the Movie

MOOG

The name that brought electronic music to the masses.

A film by Hans Fjellestad

Robert Moog has been inventing and building electronic musical instruments for nearly half a century. MOOG, the film, takes us inside the mind of this legendary figure as he shares his ideas about creativity, design, interactivity, and spirituality. To this day, Moog continues to shape musical culture with some of the most inspiring instruments ever created.

http://www.plexifilm.com/deathcab

The name that brought electronic music to the masses.

Robert Moog has been inventing and building electronic musical

instruments for nearly half a century. MOOG, the film, takes us inside the mind of this legendary figure as he shares his ideas about creativity, design, interactivity, and spirituality. To this day, Moog continues to shape musical culture with some of the most inspiring instruments ever created.

MOOG was shot on location in Asheville, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Tokyo and London, and features interviews and appearances by Stereolab, Keith Emerson, Walter Sear, Gershon Kingsley, Jean-Jacques Perrey & Luke Vibert, Rick Wakeman, DJ Spooky, Herb Deutsch, Bernie Worrell, Pamelia Kurstin, Tino Corp., Charlie Clouser, Money Mark, Mix Master Mike and others.

DVD Extras:

- Deleted Scenes, Interviews and Additional Performances from The Album Leaf, Tino Corp. w/ Charlie Clouser and Money Mark w/ Woody Jackson.

- Director's Video Notes

- The Complete Schaefer Beer Commercial

DVD-ROM FEATURE: Arturia Minimoog V Software Demo (PC, Mac)

And....

It is only $20.00!!!!!!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can read what I wrote about it on that thread. It's really good, and the guy is a gentleman in person as well. It got a not-so-good review in The Wire (U.K.), saying that Bob Moog himself wasn't terribly interesting and that they movie didn't seem to know where to go, but I generally disagree with that review. I found the movie thoroughly enjoyable.

I remember a few discussions about this but i still havent seen it. Im compelled to watch it though, so i might tack it onto my dvd list.

I do wonder at the choice of people interviews... what the hell has Mix Master Mike got to do with synthesis? I can appreciate why he got most of the screen time in Scratch but... in this? wtf???

I would have assumed kraftwerk would be up there, along with some synthesis guys from behind the scenes and even the likes of eno and herbie hancock and others.

ps, why have you linked to a deathcab dvd? this some kind of spam attempt?

Yes, I had seen this last year, too. I just got the email announcement yesterday from Plexifilm stating they are finally shipping the DVD. Obviously, this is somewhat late, but at $20 it can't be that bad and anything with Bob Moog in it is worth it, DVD transfer or whatever state of quality it arrives.

Originally posted by Wooden:

Anyone in the moog mailing list? a week ago i received a mial with a moog doll offer, it is a funny bob moog doll playing a minimoog, i wanted to order it, but accidentally i deleted the mail.

http://www.macmusic.org/img/SQL/news/3250-vign.jpg

Bob Moog Doll

MoogMusic announces that the Bob Moog Soft Vinyl Doll is now available for purchase. The doll is approximately 6.5 inches (165 mm), with the glasses and the jacket, and comes with a little minimoog. $29.95 plus shipping.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived